Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... Had to ask the questions...
What are the funniest things you have done in a blind while hunting deer? Missed shots, blind collapsed while hunting, shotting something other than deer?

·
Registered
141 Posts
got in a fight with a field mouse the other night, boy was he mad that i was in his house, but he didnt put up much of a fight after my size 12 boot landed on his head.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Me and my 15 year old son were in the ground blind and a very young 3 point creeped up the side of the blind and almost stuck his head in, my son let one rip (not an arrow).....the buck snorted and took off, we laughed for half the day.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I wasnt in the blind when this happened(thankfully) but last year we had a blind set up on a hill...the next week we were walking around the food plot at the bottom and we saw a blind set up on it..WTH whos trespassing?! oh wait, the wind blew it off the hill! haha

then just the other week my brother calls me and said " some one set up a double bull blind right under my lone wolf" i was like WTH is going on! oh wait, once again the window blew it down the hill 250 yards!!! they were both staked down too! strong KS winds i guess!

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
Rain and sleet the other day me and my buddy in a double bull.
he started dozing off and mouth open leaning back on the chair.. I was giggling so hard watching him just waiting for him to lean too far back and fall over.. hey i thought who am I to interfer, he went 3/4 over and woke up caught himself just in time. looked at me and I actually fell over laughing.
ya had to be there..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nothing when deer hunting, BUT.. First time I used mine in spring turkey this year, I didn't stake it down cause it wasn't really windy.. about hour into my hunt, YUP.. gust of wind hit the blind and rolled it right over top of me.. :eek: :chortle: It would of made a great funniest home video for sure.. There I was sitting in my stool, gun in hand, couldn't do nothing but laugh.. stood up and pulled it back over top of me...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good stuff...... Keep it up...

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Well there was this one time at band camp while hunting...... :wink:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I wasn't in the blind but my dad was. We were hunting in the morning, myself and another guy had gotten down and were out at the truck. My dad was nowhere to be found. So we start walking back to where he was hunting. What do we see, a doe about 15 yards away from the blind looking all over the place. So we stop and try to sneek up on her. I am looking at the blind waiting for my dad to shoot and he won't. I am thinking what the heck. Finally she busts us and runs off. As we approach the blind I here a faint noise. You guessed it, he is asleep. Every once in a while he would let out a snore. I nearly pissed my pants when I heard him. Our laughter woke him up. he had no idea what just happened. I love hunting, and all the experiences that go along with it. I will remember that forever.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Sometimes they just blow away in the wind, hopefully to some down on his luck hunter in another county.

That can be pretty funny........:D

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
1.) GF was in a blind, hunting Black Bears,,,, all is quiet... Red Squirrel running along the the ground... jumps through the window... lands on her leg... She jumps up.. screaming.... Got it on video... :wink:priceless!!

2.) Son and I are out bow hunting in an Ameristep bone collector blind... I'm sitting in a 3 legged chair... on a hill.... Yeah.. you can see where this is going... I lean back just a bit... Over I go.. taking the blind with me... I was laughing so friggin hard on the ground.. the chair was keeping me from getting up.. my son is in hysterics... he is laughing to hard to help me... We still are laughing about it and that was in October... LOL

·
Registered
791 Posts
I piled too much brush on top of my double bull one time, after about a half an hour it crashed in on me and my buddy that was running the video camera! Scared the heck out of us! I popped it back up and removed some of the brush, every time the wind blew we would look up to see if it was coming down again.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Me and a buddy sitting in a blind and filming a deer hunt, he was just getting over a cold and fighting of sneezing all morning, well about 8:30AM he cant hold back anymore and sneeze's, at that exact same moment he let's a hellish fart go, stunk it up BAD, i was gagging and laughing while he was saying he thinks he pooped unzipps the door to get out of the tent to check his pants and he trips fall flat on his face, i also was trying to get out and yep landed right on top of him....... and yes he did a little bit. HUNT OVER

·
Registered
555 Posts
Me and a buddy sitting in a blind and filming a deer hunt, he was just getting over a cold and fighting of sneezing all morning, well about 8:30AM he cant hold back anymore and sneeze's, at that exact same moment he let's a hellish fart go, stunk it up BAD, i was gagging and laughing while he was saying he thinks he pooped unzipps the door to get out of the tent to check his pants and he trips fall flat on his face, i also was trying to get out and yep landed right on top of him....... and yes he did a little bit. HUNT OVER
Can't stop laughing at that one.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Priceless!!!lol

Me and a buddy blind hunt and run a camera some while bowhuntin. When all is quiet its amazing the weird sounds a body makes that you dont normally here when its not quiet!!lol Cuttin a blockbuster in the blind with your buddy in there is always a good one!:pukey: theres no escaping that!:wink:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Dad sleeping. I was in a tree stand 150 yards from my dad's blind -- I could see everything that walked in front of him. The blind was cozy-we fill it with hay as an insulator. I saw 6 or 7 doe walk single file past his blind about 15 yards away.

At the end I asked if he saw anything -- no, he saw nothing. Later he admitted that he almost always sleeps in the blind -- it keeps him out of the house and away from my mother.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
My fiance's spring turkey hunt this year PRICELESS It was wet we set the blind up in a pasture in standing water (no way around it) we sat on our tripod seats and waited for light. First light came an a bearded hen that she passed up last year came right in to the decoy's puffing up and putting on a show. She wanted to hold out for a Tom, but the bird was so close and and everything seemed so right I said shoot her. Next thing I know I look over at my fiance as she shoots Just like a cartoon she shoots and blows herself of her tripod seat, feet over her head and knocks the blind over top of us. Half scared and half hysterical I manage to ask her If she was okay and help her out of the water. And all she wanted to know is "did I hit It!!?" LOL
She rolled that turk and herself:darkbeer:

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
left my blind over night near some roosted birds....

hiking in the dark....i couldnt find it....out in the middle of a field!! extremely pissed thinking some a-hole stole it...i noticed a dark figure about 200 yards away. i slowly started to notice my blind had blown away in the middle of the night.

lesson learned....use tiedowns!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts