Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking through my new eders catalog at the Martin Cougar Elite IIIs. I noticed that the Fury X cams are $110 more than the Fury cams. I was wondering about the price difference. Are Fury X cams that much harder to make than Fury cams, or is it a premium because Fury X cams are that much better?

Just curious...

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Actually, the price difference can be attributed to the fact that there is more machining and assembly time with the Fury X. Each Fury X bow has two more cables than a standard Fury. In addition, every Fury X bow is shipped with an extra set of long axles and spacers for anyone wishing to use a larger profile feather or vane. The actual price difference varies from $80-$120 depending on where you buy it. Eders has terrific prices and great service. Dave and Rob are great guys that really do care about making sure their customers get exactly what they want the first time around.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,

I figured you'd say that you wanted to charge an extra $200 because the Fury X cams are WAY better but Terry wouldn't let you. ;) :D ;) :D

But seriously, the extra machining, cables, axles, etc. would justify the extra cost. Thanks for the explanation!

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Jim,
i am looking to get fury cams with my cougar 3 and elite limbs, (yes it fits me) but i don't like the fact that i have to get new cams to change it more that 1" with the draw. is there another option with this?
and also, what is your opinion about the phantom 2 and z cams with the straight limbs for target? is it forgiving and accurate?
thankx a lot

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
If you want adustable draw length as you grow get a Merlin. All bows are accurate its the shooter that makes it better. If your a good shooter any bow will shoot good and if your bad any one will shoot just as bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts