Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size vanes or feather do you use to get good clearance with the shoot thru system ?Do you use a low profile type vane ? and or do they make a 3 inch low profile feather ?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Assuming the arrow isn't any larger than a 2613, the 3" vanes and feathers will work fine. Lo-profile 4" vanes will work, too, but 4" die-cuts will touch slightly as you draw the bow. Every Fury X type bow comes with a pair of longer axles and anchors to extend the width of the cables by another 1/2". Using the wide axles, any feather or vane size may be used.

·
Registered
705 Posts
With the wide axles I have been playing with a 5" Shield cut feather and am ok on clearence.(for fun:) Boy! do they fly straight)

Rob B

Ps on a GT 22 Series also

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Gateway are lower profile feathers, I use 3 in. on 2512 X7's on a Cougar III fury X with the reg. length axles, if I use tru-flite they will hit the cable. Even if they hit a little they still go in the middle !!!.:D
Turbo nocks will clear, I have tryed them, but won't clear the rest unless its a fallaway.
Pizonarcher. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
turbonocks

yes the turbos will fit through there with no problem at all..... they are well smaller than a 3" vane... and the turbos are a good choice..
yokedog

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Arm Clearance!?!?!?!?

Sean you have to worry about arm clearance with those arms???:D Ken

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Ken, you havent been hanging around Clever Guy have you? lol!

Hey, I'm pretty handy when you dont have a slim-jim though!

:)
Sean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts