Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cougar III with the X cam, just wondering what size of arrows and fletch or feathers I can use, so I dont rub the cables. I am using the Trophy Taker Spring steel rest. I am shooting 2212s rightnow with 4" feathers, a couple will rub the cables. Just would like to get some imput on this.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Are you using the long axles? These will give you a bit more clearance.

Last indoor season I shot 4 inch feathers set as 4 fletch with good clearance on a Scepter with FX cams.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Gateway

I am shooting 2512 x7's with gateway 3" feathers with my Cougar III, they are low profile & do not rub, I was shooting 3 & 4 " trueflight & would rub on the left cable a little but still shot in the middle, did not shoot any better scores with the feathers that were not rubbing then the ones that were rubbing. What I am saying is a little rub won't hurt, even though I won't shoot the ones that touch, just a mental edge. You should be ok with the 2212's with the 4" gateway. I think the Cougar looks ugly with the long axles in it JMO.
My buddy shoots a wisker biscuit & can get some great groups with it, (not as good as me though)I wonder if the feathers or vanes rub on it :D :)
Pizonarcher.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts