Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so some of you that read my other threads may know that I recently bought an Eclypse for my fiance and I liked shooting it so much that I bought one for myself as well. I had a quick question about the draw length module on the Fury XT cam. I looked in the catalog from 2014 and it gives some information, but how are you supposed to know what draw length you are supposedly set on without just doing it by feel? My fiance's bow is set up on the -20 pound post so according to the catalog, the draw length is adjustable from 25-29 inches. Well I have the module on the "5" setting and it feels like 28'' to me. Which is fine because thats all she needs, but I was thinking 28'' would have been the #4 post. Considering a 5 inch adjustable range and 5 settings on the module...? This isn't making any sense, and I am new to Martin bows so I was wondering if there is any kind of chart out there or something I can use for reference, or someone that knows a lot more about this Cam then I do. I looked on the Martin website and in the manual but it does not clarify. Anyone help me out?

·
Design&Hunt
1,726 Posts
Draw board and draw stop. Your logic is correct with the module setting and the -20# peg.

·
Design&Hunt
1,726 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I gotcha thanks I can't believe I couldn't find that chart. I wonder why the one bow I have Is only getting to 28 then. I don't have a draw board guess ill check with a measuring arrow. Thanks for sending me that chart

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Droppixel thanks again for your help. I got the Eclypse I bought for myself all set up tonight and put about 50 arrows through it. 75 total when you count the 25 I just plugged into the target to get the strings to settle in before putting the peep in. I can say that I was impressed with the one I bought for my fiance, and I am really impressed with the one I bought for myself as well. It shoots very well and is fairly smooth for the price point. Only thing I can say bad about the bow is the strings are pretty poor quality. I am ok with that and I expected it from what I have heard from other Martin shooters. Serving is separating real bad in the usual single cam spots where the cable goes over the draw length module. The center serving is also separating near my D-loop as well. As I said though, I expected that. Will have a new set of strings for it coming soon. All in all, I am happy. I really just discovered Martin about a month ago. I knew they existed but had no experience with their products. After my experience shooting some of their models at the shop, and the experience I have had with these 2 bows, I think these will be the first of many bows I buy from Martin. I wonder how nice the 2015 bows are. Really makes me wish I would've waited and bought a 2015 model, but I picked up my Eclypse for $230 brand new so I couldn't pass it up!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
When u adjust the cam to the other pegs the draw length range shortens this why u r on the longer setting

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Hammerhead strings r junk get ya some good ones from one of the many string makers on AT and get your self halo servings on your cable at least,way tuffer serving.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hammerhead strings r junk get ya some good ones from one of the many string makers on AT and get your self halo servings on your cable at least,way tuffer serving.
This.^^. I bought a set from bow string depot. With halo serving for my bengal. Hope to have them installed tommoro. Serving is terrible on the hammerheads.

·
Registered
122 Posts
One thing ( two realy) make certain the string is not touching the cam axle and run a cotton ball/ bud along the module as it can be realy sharp where the draw length marks are etched on.. , they can cut/ wear the serving realy fast
Regards mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts