Archery Talk Forum banner

Fuse String/cables holding up so far

850 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  DJO
I am one who always rips the string/cables off of my new bows and replaces them with a custom set of 452x. This time, however, upon purchasing my new Alphamax 35, I decided to keep this set on just to see how they would hold up. I guess somewhat of my own experiment. Other than the initial cam synching and string settling, my strings have not budged with zero peep rotation. I have over 1500 arrows through the bow so far. Servings look good around the cams and such. So far so good. I'm impressed thus far. Anyone else with similar findings on the Alphamax Fuse strings.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,298 Posts
I am one who always rips the string/cables off of my new bows and replaces them with a custom set of 452x. This time, however, upon purchasing my new Alphamax 35, I decided to keep this set on just to see how they would hold up. I guess somewhat of my own experiment. Other than the initial cam synching and string settling, my strings have not budged with zero peep rotation. I have over 1500 arrows through the bow so far. Servings look good around the cams and such. So far so good. I'm impressed thus far. Anyone else with similar findings on the Alphamax Fuse strings.
Same here. I been keeping a close eye here in the classifieds for a cheap set someone may sell. I lost out on 2 already.

· Registered
561 Posts
Same here, my set of fuse strings stay on my AM35. Im not so lucky with the serving on the loop part of my bowstring, it's coming apart on the top cam.. Will take it for a reserve.

· Registered
3,588 Posts
Am 32

Probably 500 shots so far and they are looking and holding good.

· Registered
6,815 Posts
fuse strings are alot better now then they were in the past...altho not the best they are worth keeping them on until they need replaced!

· Registered
178 Posts
I had heard that the factory strings/cables are far better on '08 hoyt's than '07's. I have an '07 vectrix. I'm a 29in. DL but bought a 28" bow. After about 1 week they had streched a lot. Then I left it in my truck for about half an hour on a warm day and couldn't hardly shoot it. Had to replace the string and cable. Shoots good now with 1 yr. old string.

· Registered
5,172 Posts
I did not care for mine and replaced them on my AM 32 after maybe 1000 shots. They stretched and I had persistent peep rotation issues. I added a new string and the peep has not moved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.