Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys happy new year. I'm looking to find out what fuse uses for the material for their strings and cables. I ordered a hyperforce and Hoyt sent it through with the wrong string and cables and rather than wait for who knows how long for the right stuff I was going to make it myself but I need to know the material so that I make sure I get the right strand count. Thanks

·
Registered
20,644 Posts
Last I knew they use BCY X but you can use whatever you want.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no I did not order with the wrong strings on it. I ordered my bow in the realtree camo with blue / chartruse string / cables and the bow I got was realtree camo with blue / black string /cables and blue grip and vibration dampeners. the blue grip and vibration dampeners look hideous. those are getting swapped out though. I know that they use BCY material but what I need to know is which material

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
They are actually testing a new version of X on their hunting lineup. I wouldn’t really worry about matching what they’re doing because their strings leave a lot to be desired IMO. That has little to do with the material though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Hoyt claims the material is BCY X, but my fuse string material that came on my wheel bow (2015 model) doesn't look like any BCY X I've ever seen. It's very slick looking; either they burnished them with epoxy or polishing compound or it's some kind of other stuff. If I didn't know better, it looks more like an SK 99 material like Mercury. But sure enough the strand thickness is the same as my X material.....

As for what to use for your own strings, I agree it doesn't make any difference. I use 452X all around on my strings, but that's just what I'm used to building with...

lee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts