Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FUSE strings are the best
Before you get the rope hear me out. The strings on my Maxxis 31 are the best bow strings I've ever had on a bow. I've owned Winner's Choice, America's Best, and Lone wolf strings and this years Fuse strings are better.

That is a fact. SRM :mg:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I like mine that came on my Turbohawk. I'm no string expert, but after the first 500 shots I set my peep in place and it hasn't moved since. Cams are in time. Seems like pretty nice stings / cables.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Fuse strings on my CE gave me a weekly headache , constant problems with stretching. I mustve had a "friday afternoon" edition or something.
On the other hand the Maxxis stock fuze strings are a total opposite. No problem from the day i tuned my bow.

Take it for what it is .. No Stock string will beat the quality of a good aftermarket string set. It is hard to blame any bow company over quality of their strings - they are made in large quantities , don't expect wonders.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In what ways? Can you be more specific?
They haven't stretched, frayed, worn on the serving, nada, nyet, nothing. What else can I say? They are the best this year and a great improvement over previous year's strings. SRM

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
The Fuse strings on my 737 have moved more than the strings I made for my Contender Elite. I also have more peep rotation than on my own strings.

A new string for my 737 is in my strecher as we speak and the cables will be made later today.

Now Fuse do make a good string but they seem to be worse than my own homemade ones and I am sure there are people who make better strings than me.

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
Fuse strings have gotten better but I think there are way better option out there. I don't know why they use D75 material. I'm happy to hear they're working out good for you though.

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
Glad to see there better. From my past experience with the strings they were terrible. Peep rotation was the worst.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Are they using different material than in years past or maybe they upgraded the string materials just for the Maxxis...?

Or maybe an improved process for making them?

My '07 stock Fuse strings (Reflex bow) didn't hold a candle to the aftermarket Proline strings I put on which have been solid.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had to change the Fuse string and cable on my AM32 after 2 months because of stretching and the buss cable started to come apart. My shop changed them out with the Bone Collecter green string and cable by Flightwire made with 452X. Much better!!!! Never heard of these string and cables before, but so far they are holding up well and have not moved or come apart. Plus, I could not turn them down. My shop gave them to me free.

A friend of mine has an AM35 and his strings and cables are doing fine. Quality control maybe or maybe it just depends who at the factory made the strings?

·
Registered
25,082 Posts
The ones that came on my maxxis tuned great but stretched 3/8 of an inch so I will be getting vapor trails when these go bad

·
Registered
115 Posts
Next string for my Switchback, I'll use one.
I'm not happy with the Mathews Zebra.
Stretches a lot with how much I shoot per day, about 150-200 shots!

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Much better

I hated the strings on my Vectrix xl and Katera XL.

I have never touched the strings on my AM35.....but they fuzzed more than I like.....my Maxxis 35 strings all I had to do was get the peep rotation correct and they seem fine.

When they go I will be putting First Strings on......cause Fuse replacements are WAY expensive....and FirstStrings (like most high quality aftermarkets) ROCK.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Fuse Strings

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I just bought a new Hoyt CE. It came with 12 strand fuse strings and cables. However, the strands are HUGE! more like kite string than BCY 452x or 8125. Anyone know what material these are made with? I looked on the BCY website and seen that 450 plus was recommended with 12 strands, but the Brownell website did not recommend less than 16 strands for any string or material. Just wondering if Fuse uses BCY material.

I will agree, they do seem to be a lot better than in previous years.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Fuse use a special blended material made for them or so my Hoyt dealer told me.

I shot the Fuse string for 3 shots to decide if I wanted the bow, then we put my strings on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts