Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, who has been using the fusion 2" vanes and how would you compare them flight wise to blazers??

I have had all i can take with blazers, love the way they shoot but i will not fletch another arrow to have vanes falling off during flight.:confused::confused:

been really hearing good things about the fusions really staying put when ya fletch them but would really like to here how they shoot in comparison.

thanx in advance,
tracy

·
On a backstrap mission!
2,040 Posts
IMO nothing compares to fusions, when you fletch them they stay put! I was shooting blazers for awhile but had problems with them staying on.
The fusions are easy to fletch and really accurate. Im also getting better BH groups with the Fusions.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
you have to work to get the fusions off.when you put them on they stay put.i never really had a problem with blazers. i use the super glue gel the blue and grey bottle and you can't hardley cut them off.:darkbeer:

·
ebayuserid:hunting_par
1,473 Posts
My .02

I cannot comment on fusions but I have shot blazers since they came out and have never had a single vane come off during flight or use of any sort for that matter. I use flexbond platinum and it is awesome. I use the arizona fletcher with 6* helical and it works great.
I know several guys that really like the fusions and I hope it solves your problem with vanes coming off.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i use the fusion vanes on my crossbow bolts. they fly perfect at all yardages even with broadheads. very tough vanes, they are pretty easy to fletch and they bond like no other.they are a little on the heavy side but thats not that big of a deal to me. i have had one vane come apart right where the vane and the base are fused together.i shot through a target and it ripped rigth off of the base. i think they should make them all one solid vane in the future. but that wont stop me from using them. im happy with them so far.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
i use the fusion vanes on my crossbow bolts. they fly perfect at all yardages even with broadheads. very tough vanes, they are pretty easy to fletch and they bond like no other.they are a little on the heavy side but thats not that big of a deal to me. i have had one vane come apart right where the vane and the base are fused together.i shot through a target and it ripped rigth off of the base. i think they should make them all one solid vane in the future. but that wont stop me from using them. im happy with them so far.
If they made them one solid vane they wouldn't be called "fusions". They "fuse" the tough upper vane to the base that works so well with super glue.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
ok guys, who has been using the fusion 2" vanes and how would you compare them flight wise to blazers??

I have had all i can take with blazers, love the way they shoot but i will not fletch another arrow to have vanes falling off during flight.:confused::confused:

been really hearing good things about the fusions really staying put when ya fletch them but would really like to here how they shoot in comparison.

thanx in advance,
tracy
The same.

My Fusions, Blazers, Feathers and 3" Duravanes all group together both with field tips and broadheads.

Love the bases of Fusions for applications and they look good.

I still use all 4 for varies reasons.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
I tried Blazers and had problems getting to stay on , used Goat Tuff & Loc-Tite Super Glue , still had problems , got a few Fusions to try and really liked them , have had zero troubles with them staying on , in fact I shot 3 deer this year with same arrow with Fusions and all where pass thru , washed them off and put back in quiver ... Awesome vanes , just ordered 100 more of them the other day .

·
Albemarle Archery
2,956 Posts
I've been shooting blazers for a couple years and have tried several glues. AAE and Bohning wouldn't hold the black vanes for me. I tried the Gold Tip glue and you will rip the vanes in half before they come off the carbon. (I'm shooting Carbon Express arrows)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts