Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI Mathews Owners - Bearings

Just thought I would pass this along.

A couple of weeks ago I had a problem with my S2 strings jumping off when shooting. I disassembled the rollerguard and one of the bearings was rough. I asked "2" dealers for help and BOTH wanted me to bring the bow in for a work order. Since I purchased the bow used, neither dealer would help without bringing it in to have it WORKED ON. Neither would sell me the bearing or the assembly nor give me a price estimate.

I took measurements on the bearing and went online looking for a place to buy this little bearing. I FOUND A PLACE!! Paid for the bearings ( purchased 3 extras) through Amazon.

I purchased a VXB sealed bearing for $1.99.

Now had I let the proshop fix it, what would it have cost me?

Might it have been more than $1.99?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Oh it would have been more than $1.99. That's why I love elite. They will ship any part I need straight to my home and I can make the repairs myself. I really do not like dealing with a shop if I don't have to. That is one more reason I won't own a Mathews again.

·
Registered
622 Posts
i cant lie, i was expecting a huge mathews bash when i read the title and the beginning of your post. i think you would have spent between 50 and 75 dollars at the shop.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At LEAST!!!

Oh, forgot this: Mathews emailed me after filling out the problem page on their site. Here is their response:

Good morning Greg,

Thank you for contacting Mathews Inc and being such a Mathews supporter. I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your S2. A bad bearing in one of the rollers can cause the string to jump around on you. An out of tune bow could also cause these issues, so a full bow inspection could have been necessary to determine the issue.

You can purchase replacement rollers through any Mathews Retailer. If you do not want to deal with the XYZ dealer, you can find another dealer in your area by going to www.mathewsinc.com and selecting the "Find a Retailer" tab near the top of the page. Simply enter your zip code for a list of Retailers to be provided.

Thanks again for contacting Mathews Inc and have a great day.

Sincerely,
Blah Blah

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh it would have been more than $1.99. That's why I love elite. They will ship any part I need straight to my home and I can make the repairs myself. I really do not like dealing with a shop if I don't have to. That is one more reason I won't own a Mathews again.
I'm leaning along those lines now too. You say Elite is good? Are their warrantees transferable?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i cant lie, i was expecting a huge mathews bash when i read the title and the beginning of your post. i think you would have spent between 50 and 75 dollars at the shop.
I bought Mathews b/c of a recommendation from my brother-in-law...First purchased 2 Missions and since have purchased 3 used Mathews (Drenalin, DR2 and S2). I absolutely LOVE the Drenalines!!! And, was thinking of getting a Monster or an MR series once I sold one of the others. I am pretty shaky on the MR now, to say the lease.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Transferable warranty for every elite bow ever made! And the hunt guarantee is oh so sweet. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I can buy PARTS for my truck at any auto parts place. But some parts are dealer only. You can get all smug about this or realize they arent any different than any DEALERSHIP. Wake up people ITS all about marketing......................

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I can buy PARTS for my truck at any auto parts place. But some parts are dealer only. You can get all smug about this or realize they arent any different than any DEALERSHIP. Wake up people ITS all about marketing......................
I can get ANY part I need from Elite and they will send it to me so Elite is not like a dealership at all. They realize many of their customers do their own work and give us the option to do so without dealing with the middle man which can just cause more problems and in my case has caused me more problems.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I can get ANY part I need from Elite and they will send it to me so Elite is not like a dealership at all. They realize many of their customers do their own work and give us the option to do so without dealing with the middle man which can just cause more problems and in my case has caused me more problems.
If I remember right YUGO used to do the same thing cause of the lack of dealers..........

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
If I remember right YUGO used to do the same thing cause of the lack of dealers..........
As a matter of fact I know of 4 dealers Im friends with that signed up to sell Elite when they came out. None are still selling them. I dont know why and I dont care, I have worked on a few and think they are playing a numbers game that will make them evaporate soon...... just saying....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I grew up on a 3,500 irrigated farm. Have worked on pretty much every piece of equipment involved in farming...bearings are a simple item, especially one on a 1/4 inch shaft that is NOT rusted onto the shaft. A punch and an 8 oz hammer - no press necessary. Just lightly tapping it from the backside. Taking candy from a baby would have been more difficult.

Do you have a bearing press? Do you trust yourself to press bearings and do it correctly?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Well bambranch I'm sure Pete Crawford the president of Elite cares little about your opinion of how he chooses to run his business. He makes his customers happy that's all that matters. Remember one thing. Your only one person out of almost 7 billion people on this planet. Our opinions means nothing especially when giving them about another persons company who is doing better than we probably could.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Well bambranch I'm sure Pete Crawford the president of Elite cares little about your opinion of how he chooses to run his business. He makes his customers happy that's all that matters. Remember one thing. Your only one person out of almost 7 billion people on this planet. Our opinions means nothing especially when giving them about another persons company who is doing better than we probably could.
I was not posting My opinion, Just the only facts Im aware of. I diddnt come on this thread to bash any company. I thought this thread was bashing Mathews and I just stated a couple facts that had nothing to do with Elite. You are the one that threw Elite in this mess. I just pointed out a few FACTS that Im aware of.........Come on man you are makeing this into a bigger thing than it needs to be cause your a fan boy..............................

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Lol thanks for labeling me bud. Did I label you? Nope and I won't now. Did calling me a fanboy make you feel better?
When someone just forgets logic and states things as such I tend to consider them Fan boys. Sorry bout that.... No need to sling mudd.. that was prolly my BAD. U R THE ONE that hijacked this thread not me...... GO Back and read the posts. You are the one out of place here....... My posts were in line with this thread......... GET real and sober up...............................

1 - 20 of 46 Posts