Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these? How easy are they to use and how accurate are they? Just wondering if they work as good as the company says they do. I shoot fixed blade heads on aluminum arrows and thought this might help my BH flight a little ( not that it's bad or anything). Any opinions?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Not needed all you need is a good saw. Might help one out of 50 arrows but it is the piece of mind for some

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I have one and RARELY use it. Biggest thing is to make sure your arrow saw is square. I have found very FEW times that I truly needed to use it. But is a valueable tool to have if you think you need it. Eases the mind I guess.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
cut it good

As you cut your shafts on the saw turn the shaft with your fingers as you cut it. This will ensure a more square cut. (not perfect)

The G5 device is nice. It works good. Most inserts are good so square the end of your graphite arrow with the diamondside of the G5 device. Glue insert and let them dry. Spin-check your broadheads and if one does not spin good on a few heads cut it down with the blade side on the G5 tool. (Cut the insert down to square it)

They do work good. It is not practical to do it on all customers arrows if you have a shop but for your own, it is nice.

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
I use it on my inserts ...that's where the problem really is

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Peace of mind I guess but I don't cut my own arrows so I use it. I don't always know what level of care was used to cut them so it's a good backup.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Peace of mind I guess but I don't cut my own arrows so I use it. I don't always know what level of care was used to cut them so it's a good backup.
I do cut my own arrows on an expensive saw. I cut them with care.

I use my ASD on both ends of the raw shaft, and still need to use it on probably 40-50% of inserts in order to get zero wobble on broadheads.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
I think they work great. I saved some money buying a less expensive saw and this makes my life alot easier when it comes to tuning.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I use it on the inserts more than the shafts...it works and is a well made tool, simple but well made....just the way I like it....I drilled and tapped the bottom of mine, and mounted it on a piece of aluminum, so it could be clamped to the desk....no broadhead wobble here...

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
Not usually needed on the shafts if you use a good saw, but I do anyways. Where it really works well is with the inserts. Take a marker and color the end then put it in the ASD. You will see that they are not perfect and you can now make them perfectly square.

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
I use it on the inserts more than the shafts...it works and is a well made tool, simple but well made....just the way I like it....I drilled and tapped the bottom of mine, and mounted it on a piece of aluminum, so it could be clamped to the desk....no broadhead wobble here...
I'm with you ... inserts.. inserts .. inserts .. not the shaft. The shaft might be cut perfect but if the insert is off then it doesn't matter.. Actually I do both.. but you can't mount a BH until you have an insert .. if wobbles .. insert ... not the shaft.. at that point there is nothing you can do to the shaft anyway ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts