Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these or the striker mags and what do the blood trails look like.Thanks

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to be 57lbs with a 370-380 grain arrow at 258-264 will i be ok to shoot the mags as far as penitration goes?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
strikers are mean little heads! They're my BH of choice. I'm gonna give Atoms and Reapers a shot this fall. But if I'm not found of them i'll be carrying Strikers to camp with me.

The fly great, are nasty sharp and kill dead. You'll no issues with penetration from your setup.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have killed over 30 animals in the last 2 years, never had one problem with any blades becoming loose. Only broadhead I will use.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,365 Posts
I've heard blade loss is a problem with these heads, any truth to that?
In actual hunting situations..........I don't know, but I tested all my BH's (including the Strikers and Striker Mags) through 3/4" plywood recently. The regular 125gr Strikers have that thicker brass washer, but the Mags have that thin one. When I shot the plywood from 40 yards with the Mag.......the backend of one of the blades actually cut all the way through the brass washer and split my Axis 300. The blade was lost inside the plywood, with the rest of the head penetrating through about 7" if I remember correctly.

So, I put a regular steel washer against the blades and then the brass one, and everything seems to work just fine now.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
In actual hunting situations..........I don't know, but I tested all my BH's (including the Strikers and Striker Mags) through 3/4" plywood recently. The regular 125gr Strikers have that thicker brass washer, but the Mags have that thin one. When I shot the plywood from 40 yards with the Mag.......the backend of one of the blades actually cut all the way through the brass washer and split my Axis 300. The blade was lost inside the plywood, with the rest of the head penetrating through about 7" if I remember correctly.

So, I put a regular steel washer against the blades and then the brass one, and everything seems to work just fine now.

I too put the steel washer on and then the brass one. Seems to work great. Also eliminates the wobble that can develope when practicing if the brass washer gets bent/dented.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I use the regular Strikers. Would love to get my hands on a set of magnum blades but that hasn't happened yet. Very happy with the regular ones, quiet and deadly.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
i love the striker mags. however, i too, have had the rear of the blades cut through the thick brass washer and cut into my carbon express maximas. this has only happened when i hit a limb or rock while practicing. i am going to try the steel washer as well, but will continue with the mags regardless.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts