Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It's where its at!!
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the diff between .088 and .098? (besides .010, wiseguys :sad: ) Its for my wifes bow. We got her some redlines for her Mustang and I am orderinf from Lancasters. Which size do I need for a stock string dia? Thanks.

Carl

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
More than likely the .088. The bigger size usaully works until I reserve I tend to like my serving a bit thinner than stock.

·
Registered
88 Posts
on a stock string the large work best the smalls are to tight

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Most stock strings I've ever run across tend to be a little heavy on the strand count and use a larger diameter serving material - generally because they gear the bowstring towards the bowhunting aspect. Therefore I'd almost bet the .098 will work better in the case of a stock string. Just my opinion though.....:)

>>------->

·
Bowhemian
8,297 Posts
Wolfman,

It's impossible to answer your question positively without seeing the served string. But if you have to take a shot, go for the large throat G-nock and the odds are 90% in your favor.

Order the large ones. If you get them in black and they are too big I have some small ones that I will swap for them (but they must be black). Just PM me.

·
It's where its at!!
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I will go with the large groove and see. Like I said it's on a stock mathews string. Sorry Mike, but the wife likes to see em sooooo...they gonna be white. I have no doubt that the large groove will fit, just didnt want it to be too loose.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
If the large size nocks are too large, build-up the nocking area with dental floss to fit. Works well.

·
It's where its at!!
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great idea Don. Guess I didnt think about making her string bigger, only gettin the nocks to fit. Guess it goes both ways huh...lol

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
wolfman_73 said:
Thanks guys. I will go with the large groove and see. Like I said it's on a stock mathews string. Sorry Mike, but the wife likes to see em sooooo...they gonna be white. I have no doubt that the large groove will fit, just didnt want it to be too loose.
If the nocks are too loose or too tight, stick them in a pan of boiling hot water and heat the nock. Not the shaft!! Snap the nock on the string and let it cool. If they are too loose to begin with. Heat one then pinch it closed a little and let cool. Then heat it again and snap it on the string to cool.

·
It's where its at!!
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deezlin, that more great info. You guys rock :hail: :rock-on:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts