Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Francis
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know a canadian contact number for this company?

I am missing the insert that came in the package, I am not even sure what the insert would be used for?

I just finished cutting the face of my carbon arrows with the tool without using the insert, but it is bugging me wondering what I would need it for?

As well, does anyone know what else this tool can do besides squaring your arrow shaft?, The website says to also square bushings and inserts , as well as used as a deburring tool? I cant picture how you would use it for these tasks, and the instructions that came with the tol only talk about how to suare the end of your arrow, and does not mention anything about the insert either?

any help would be appreciated, I cant even get these guys on the phone from in Canada?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The G5 ASD comes with two cutters, one for carbon, and one for alluminum arrows, which can also be used on arrow inserts. I'm quite sure you can order replacement cutters, check out the website and they should have all the info you need.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
The "insert" is the small dowell shaped piece that you used to square up the shafts. The insert has two sides... one side (the side you should have used on the carbon shafts) is a diamond grit that sands down the carbon shafts square. On the other end of the "insert" is a raised edge. This is the aluminum cutting side. You use this to square aluminum shafts and inserts are they are epoxied into the carbon or aluminum shafts.

Basically lets you square the shaft, then square the insert.

You need to pull the insert out and flip it around to use the different sides. It's held in place by a small allen screw.

-ZA

francis said:
does anyone know a canadian contact number for this company?

I am missing the insert that came in the package, I am not even sure what the insert would be used for?

I just finished cutting the face of my carbon arrows with the tool without using the insert, but it is bugging me wondering what I would need it for?

As well, does anyone know what else this tool can do besides squaring your arrow shaft?, The website says to also square bushings and inserts , as well as used as a deburring tool? I cant picture how you would use it for these tasks, and the instructions that came with the tol only talk about how to suare the end of your arrow, and does not mention anything about the insert either?

any help would be appreciated, I cant even get these guys on the phone from in Canada?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
ZA206 said:
The "insert" is the small dowell shaped piece that you used to square up the shafts. The insert has two sides... one side (the side you should have used on the carbon shafts) is a diamond grit that sands down the carbon shafts square. On the other end of the "insert" is a raised edge. This is the aluminum cutting side. You use this to square aluminum shafts and inserts are they are epoxied into the carbon or aluminum shafts.

Basically lets you square the shaft, then square the insert.

You need to pull the insert out and flip it around to use the different sides. It's held in place by a small allen screw.

-ZA

I must have the old version....mine has seperate cutters...not one you just flip around.

·
Francis
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok

thanks

mine has one cutter, aluminum on one side of the cutter and carbon on the other side, you just flip it, I see a space in the plasitic for another piece, but maybe it was never there.

on the picture in the instructions that came with the box, it looks like the cutter is in place on the tool, then up against the cutter there is a spacer, then the arrow shaft,

it is this spacer i am missing and i have no idea what its for.

I dont understand how I would use the aluminum cutter for the the inserts, the only part of the insert I can possibly see you being able to butt up against the cutter is the surface that the field tip would contact when screwed into the insert? I just cant picture how you would square up the part the contacts the shaft itself?

Also, it says it can be used to deburr, can anyone tel me how I can deburr the inside of my carbon arrow shaft with this tool?

thanks Guys for your responses,

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
The tool is designed to only square up the face of the insert that the head of the field point or broadhead comes into contact with. Once the arrow is cut to length you square the end of the carbon shaft with the abrasive side of the tool, I then smooth it off with one of the green scrubing pads. Now glue your insert in the shaft and let it dry. You then flip the tool around and square off the insert with the cutter side of the tool. I have no idea how it would de-burr anything. I also square off the nock end of my arrows with it.

·
Francis
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

thanks

i am not sure about the deburring either?

anyone know the canadian contact phone number?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts