Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its that time of year again, hunting season is done and I'm left with nothing else to do but tinker with my setup.

I was looking at some of the new rests out there and I came across the CMax from G5 and wanted to know if anyone is using the rest after they made some modifications based on the issues they were hearing about.

My understanding is the blue G5 button is the old version and the black G5 button is the new version.

Anyone have any feedback on this rest?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I have had 2 guys come it with new versions to put on new bows. One lasted 4 shots. They are very, very finicky on set up and almost require different set up positions per bow model.there are numerous other brands of rests out there you will have less issues with.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i have the version with the black button and have about 1500 shots thru it with no issues at all.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I have the new version on my RPM and have had zero issues with it. Just make sure to keep any slack out of the cord to avoid contact with the launcher arm not clearing due to drop speed is all. I have only had to snug it once after the first 20 or so shots with the new cord.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was one that had the original issue with the rest and posted about it on here. The reason I bought it was it matched the colors of my Chill R ICE(Black and Blue). They sent me the new version with the black knob back (which was installed upside down) in June/July and I had only one time when it didn't work but I believe that was due to cord stretch. I installed it with the cord attached to the Top limb of a Chill R. I did not follow their advise by installing the cord ~1" in front of the cam. I needed to install the cord so it was either parallel to the bow string or slightly back, which for this bow was closer to the middle of the cam. I purchased the Chill R to hunt with but was never confident in the rest so I hunted with my CreedXS for the season and the Chill R hung in the basement. I sold the bow (because I bought a Chill X which IMO was light years better) with the rest and was glad to see it go. I'm sticking to the tried and true RipCord of which I have shoot since they developed them. If you are in the market for a new rest I would spend my $$ on the new RipCord the new setup is fool proof.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the new version on my RPM and have had zero issues with it. Just make sure to keep any slack out of the cord to avoid contact with the launcher arm not clearing due to drop speed is all. I have only had to snug it once after the first 20 or so shots with the new cord.
How long have you had yours?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I received a CMax for Christmas. I put it on my Defy and have around a 100 shots on it so far. It was easy to set up and works well so far. Time will tell.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I received a CMax for Christmas. I put it on my Defy and have around a 100 shots on it so far. It was easy to set up and works well so far. Time will tell.
Hopefully it holds up nicely for you.

I am looking at ordering one as I love the idea of it being limb driven and living here in MI where G5 is headquartered it would be nice to more of their products. Obviously it must function well otherwise I dont care where its made.....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Any other feedback, I am interested in one also.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I just bought one this weekend. No issue yet. But only a dozen shots or so. Really like the rest. If it holds up. What do you mean by black button?.... how do you tell the difference. The button is black with the g5 logo on mine.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just committed to buying one on the forums here, so I will let you know once I receive it and test it out some.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I just bought one this weekend. No issue yet. But only a dozen shots or so. Really like the rest. If it holds up. What do you mean by black button?.... how do you tell the difference. The button is black with the g5 logo on mine.
The first release of the rest had an anodized blue color button. Some people had some issues with the rest so they made some changes and released the new version with a black button to be able to tell the difference. Plus a lot of people complained about the blue button not matching their bow colors. G5 listens to their customers.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hopefully it holds up nicely for you.

I am looking at ordering one as I love the idea of it being limb driven and living here in MI where G5 is headquartered it would be nice to more of their products. Obviously it must function well otherwise I dont care where its made.....
Thanks, I hope it works well I really like it. I bought it because it was limb driven, top or bottom, made by G5 to match my bow and
Is very well made. I have mine setup as bottom limb activation to stay out of the way of my quiver. It has worked great so far.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Original, not so good. G5 sent me a replacement.On my Centroid, I had to tie the string to the axle. 800-1000 shots, no issues. No doubt in my mind that while in a treestand, it would perform.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Original, not so good. G5 sent me a replacement.On my Centroid, I had to tie the string to the axle. 800-1000 shots, no issues. No doubt in my mind that while in a treestand, it would perform.
good to hear!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are you noticing any wear on the arm?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts