Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just was dinkin around today, and i just happened to find my 1/4 inch meta peep, and a lil later i found a 3/16 meta. i had them taken out to install a 1.8 peep on my bow. anywhay i was dinkin aorund and held one up to the window, then i held the other up and went huh that hole looks the same, so i took a pencil and drew the circle within the meta peep, put the other one there, and it was exactly the same size :confused: then i held it up to the light and t was the same, im just thinkin they are both the same sizes, and that its just the housing that is different. not a big deal deal really, but interesting.
i just wonder if mine was a fluke or not. what do u think? another way im thinking of checking is using a drill gauge to see, if they are the same, then a guy would do better with the smaller housing one because itll be less weight (yeah i know its not even like a grain in difference, but ya know) and it is smaller, so who know. i just thought this was interesting.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
If the center hole is the same size then it was probably a mislabeled package. The outer diameters are the same it's the holes that vary in size. If you have 2 different peeps and one is 1/4 and the other is 3/16 but the center hole is the same, then you have 2, 1/4 peeps.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was looking at getting meta peep at my shop a while back and was looking at the different sizes they had. I picked up one that said 3/16" on the package and put it next to one that said 1/4" and they were the same size. I pointed it out to the shop guy and sure enough, they were the same size in different labeled packages. Check em out before you walk out with em.

·
HHA products SUCK
14,155 Posts
I ordered and was sent a 1/4 when I requested a 3/16. Labeled 3/16 and it was for sure not. Packaging error...nice QC slip.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
the 1/4" and 3/16" are noticably different, sounds like quite a few get mis-labeled.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Not only a QC slip re: labeling but it sounds as if there are different specs for a 1/4" G5 peep if I understand correctly (based on the outer dimensions and/or weight).

I ordered and was sent a 1/4 when I requested a 3/16. Labeled 3/16 and it was for sure not. Packaging error...nice QC slip.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
If the center hole is the same size then it was probably a mislabeled package. The outer diameters are the same it's the holes that vary in size. If you have 2 different peeps and one is 1/4 and the other is 3/16 but the center hole is the same, then you have 2, 1/4 peeps.
The 1/4in and the 3/16 do not have the same outer diameter. The 1/4 in. peep looks huge compared to the 3/16 peep. The inside diameter is obviously different too. You have two 3/16in. peeps.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill post a pic later, but the actuall peep housing is different, but the hole is the same. not all the housings are the same.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hhaa nope guys, ill post a pic, i have a quarter and a 3/16. the housing outer diameter is different, but the holes are the same. trust me. i may be cross eyed and half blind but this is that easy to see lol

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
hhaa nope guys, ill post a pic, i have a quarter and a 3/16. the housing outer diameter is different, but the holes are the same. trust me. i may be cross eyed and half blind but this is that easy to see lol
No matter the outer diameter, if you have 2 peeps and the inner holes are the same size then you either have 2, 1/4 peeps or 2, 3/16 peeps, not 1 of each.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No matter the outer diameter, if you have 2 peeps and the inner holes are the same size then you either have 2, 1/4 peeps or 2, 3/16 peeps, not 1 of each.
this seems ridiculous, why wouldnt they make them the same size then? i think g5 messed up and maybe just went with 1 size hole and 2 different housings. not sayin i dont like their products, i just kidna amazed. and i didnt buy these in a pack, i got them installed when i bought my old bow and my newer bow. i had a 1/4 and a 3/16 installed and if i got 2 3/16s i think thats kinda odd. once again not nockin g5, i love the peep, but if the pack says 1/4 make it a 1/4 peep and if it says 3/16 make it so. :confused:

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
2 things going on maybe. If you didn't buy them in the package but just had them installed, then maybe the shop messed up and didn't have the packages labeled correctly. Now, for the 2 different outer diameters, maybe G5 changed something along the way and one is an older model????

I prefer Fletcher Tru peeps myself, I've had 3 G5 peeps get egg shaped on me. And no, they were not on the bow during a dry fire.

·
Need to get to town,fasst
6,038 Posts
Aren't we talking about 1/16th of an inch here?

Only way I would agree they are the same size is to measure them with a caliper.

·
Best in the World
3,866 Posts
Aren't we talking about 1/16th of an inch here?

Only way I would agree they are the same size is to measure them with a caliper.
We are talking about 1/16 on a diameter, meaning a radius is 1/32 difference which is more than the width of the pencil lead I'm sure. If you have 2 different sized outer housings you have 2 different sizes, one is 1/4 (4/16 for the mathematically challenged) and the other is 3/16. Measure the inside with a caliper and you will see a difference is my guess.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i did measure the inside, they are both 3/16, one has a larger housing though, im not crazy and im not complainin i just thought it was goofy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts