Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently shooting g5 montec and have had mixed success with them. I have been looking at the rage chisel and rage chisel x-treme. I wanted some opinion of people that have shot both broadheads and the pros and cons of each.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Once you kill something with a Rage, you will know the difference between them. Carnage, lots of carnage.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Night and day difference in blood trails but they both fly excellent.if you kill with the rage it over for the montech.what's your setup?

·
Socket Man
23,194 Posts
I shot montecs for a season or two and they got the job done but once you start using rage 2 blades you will sit around the camp fire talking about the blood trail and the entry and exit wounds instead of the nice rack. I personally still carry some rage but I use the nap killzones as my primary choice, I think they are a rage upgrade and I like their design better but either one is a awesome choice.

I gave my montecs to my dad and he used them until he watched me kill some deer with the rage and then he got rage and hasn't looked back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a pack of Rage Chisel tips this year. Third year I have bought a pack of Rages. My experience is that the Montecs fly better. The Rages grouped low and to the left compared
To my field tips at 60. The Montecs were spot on at 60. I shoot a Tommy Hog, so I like a Broadhead that shoots true to my field tips. It saves me time printing another site tape. I have never gotten around to shooting an animal with a Rage.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Very few fixed heads fly as well as montech but I have never seen a rage that did not fly with field tips.
I bought a pack of Rage Chisel tips this year. Third year I have bought a pack of Rages. My experience is that the Montecs fly better. The Rages grouped low and to the left compared
To my field tips at 60. The Montecs were spot on at 60. I shoot a Tommy Hog, so I like a Broadhead that shoots true to my field tips. It saves me time printing another site tape. I have never gotten around to shooting an animal with a Rage.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Very few fixed heads fly as well as montech but I have never seen a rage that did not fly with field tips.
Agreed. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
142 Posts
How often are the Rage heads reusable after making a kill?

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
IMG_1505.jpg

My son's buck Saturday morning. Entrance hole with a Rage 3-blade chisel tip. Buck went about 150 yards but there was blood blowing out of both sides of the deer. Easy tracking job.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
IMG_1503.jpg

Here's the whole buck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts