Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If given the choice, which would you choose and why?

G5 Montec
Sharp, can be sharpened, non replaceable blades

Striker
Scarry Sharp, replaceable blades

Figure if I buy the Striker will buy a 3 pack and replaceable blades. Sight them in then change the blades for hunting.

If i buy the montecs buy a 3 pack and then the stone sharpener. Sight in then re sharpen before putting in quiver.

·
"God Bless America"
3,565 Posts
used the g5 striker magnums for whitetails season this year and they are devistaing. Big hole, beautiful blood trail, and clean kills... with the right shot placement that is. I like them because i'm a big fan of replacing blades rather than sharpening. good luck

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
If money were NO object I would shoot the Montec CS. After a kill I would retire the head for practice and screw on another Montec. They are not easily resharpened to the clean razor edge.

However, money is a major factor for me, so I use the Stryker 125, cannot beat their replaceable blades for sharpness. They will hurt you if you make a mistake.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It's a No brainier brotha, I tell ya why, I;m shooting the Montechs (The same montechs) for the 3year:mg: unbelievable success with them, shot 5 deer with them last year and six deer this year,same 3 broad heads, I just resharpen them, they are one of the only broad head that I've shot that I have not had to move my pen's from field point to broad head, they shoot the same!! VERY DURABLE!!! I shot a buck last year.....Put a bad shot on him.....shot him right in the front shoulder..and I knew it.. I was teed off at myself, gave him about 4 hours before I started my track, found half my arrow with the Montech completely covered in blood, grate blood trail, he went 60 yards a piled up, when I caped him out it broke his front right shoulder went threw him hit the other shoulder blade broke it and exited, the Montech had no nicks in it, That right was proof enough for me, hope this helped...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts