Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday(Sun.) morning I killed my 3rd deer w/the G5 the deer was facing away and at approx. 12-yds. I was 18ft. in my API climber shot the doe in the lft. side at the top if the rib cage. The arrow penetrated straight thru the lungs and brisket the deer expired inside of 50yds. Again an excellent bloodtrail. arrow was in the ground about 9". This same b-head and arrow claimed its 3rd kill. Only re-sharpening needed these b-heads work well.
I had given another G5 to my hunting partner who was hunting only about 200yds. from me and he took a 180lb. hog his shot was slightly quartering away his arrow busted 2-ribs on entry and crushed the off-side shoulder when we found the hog it was 50-yds. away the arrow was barely hanging in the hog on the other side, again blood everywhere. no damage to the head!!
Very pleased about these heads, this could be the 1st perfect broadhead!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Congrats on yet another bowkill. It sounds like you've got the right combination going. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too had great success with the G5 Montec. I shot an elk at 10 feet. The elk was slightly quartering to me. I shoot a 27" arrow and it was completly buried to the knock. The broadhead produced major bleeding inside. The elk went about 200 yards before it died. The only unfortunate thing was I lost my broadhead. Somehow the arrow worked its way back out slightly and the elk broke the arrow off as he was running through the brush

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have to jump on board the "I love G5 Monotecs" bandwagon. When broadhead tuning over the weekend, I couldn't get these things to group outside of my fieldtips. Also, they were out-penetrating my Muzzy's and Steelforce in my target. Hopefully, we'll see how they do on a piggy or doe pretty soon!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
great job all and continued success
rob k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts