Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a good sight that i can easily move my pins with. i have the tru glo now and once i loosen the screw, either i forget where it was or i cant get it precise because of the screw and its just a hassel to sight it in 3 times to get it right.....and i think the g5 optix line would be my answer. what are your guys opinions of the g5 optix LE?? thanks!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I had one and would not recomend it. For the money, you would be better off with a black gold. IMO

·
Registered
216 Posts
Axcel Armortech HD. It simply does not get much simpler. Take one allen key to your bow for adjusting individual pins and the rest are micro tooless adjustable.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have the G5 XR3 and absolutly love it. I was going to get the LE but decided to spend a little more. The 3 fixed pins and the floating hybrid is just awesome and super easy to use.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have a G5 LE optix & let me say theres pro's con's to them.
- 1st one I had I cracked part where the sight/base connects = got new one, thanks cabelas :darkbeer:
- the screws for the sight pins snap too easy, I snap 1 & lived with it since it was only 1 gone.

other than that I never experienced the noise like others have mentioned & the sight pins held firmly in place & every part was easy to adjust with micro control, though the pins are on the dull side w/o the light knob.
I've only had it break while it dealt with the screws never in the field, so maybe baby the tightening process.

·
Registered
274 Posts
hhahah

i am shooting one right now and i would not recomend it. they are a huge pain in the @$$. i am moving on to sure loc Lethal Weapon 1's and never looking back. i have broken more Sight screws than i can believe my self. i started not tightening them down as tight and the pins always move. not to mention they seem to not have the adjustability that others do. the only thing i liked about them was the micro adjust was very nice to use everytime a screw broke or a pin moved on me.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My Experience (with the Optix XR 4 pin)

The micro adjust was just okay, I also couldnt get great pin gaps and struggled to get a 20 yd and 30 yd pin, and I'm shooting a 75# air raid with 420 grain arrows, its quick, but no barn burner.

As far as Durability it seemed solid, also pretty light.

However I would be uneasy about cranking down the pins super tight.

The micro adjust worked, maybe a little less easy than others but it worked.

I actually felt the pins were pretty bright, even without a light, and the light is a cool feature too!

I've heard the customer service is top notch as well!

However I did just trade it for a spot hogg, and I have to say it seems like the quality is much better! I'm no fan boy, and I dont believe that expensive is always better, however I have to say that I'm a big spot hogg fan. The sight just seems much more rock solid, I'm not afraid to crank down bolts, the micro adjust seems better. And with the wrap I think its fairly bright.

Overall I wouldnt say the G5 is a bad choice at all, however I would encourage you to take a look at a spot hogg in person if you get the chance. They can be had used pretty reasonable on here too! :darkbeer:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts