Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remember the G5 optix sight from a few years ago? Any opinions of them? They any good? 3 pins and a slider.
Reason I ask is my local shop had one on the shelf for a long time and marked it down to a good deal. When I bought my new bow I got that sight too. But now I am thinking I may want an upgrade, but I don't know what I want unless you talk me into keeping the G5.

·
Registered
51,099 Posts
My opinion, their fibers left a lot to be desired. They were a popular sight but have not made sights for several years. But if you want something different go for it.
My personal choice is a single pin adjustable, HHA.

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
As Dale said, some didn't have the brightest fibers (mostly the older ones) and they're unfortunately discontinued. Luckily optic fiber is cheap and they're very easy to change. Actually when I get one I usually change the fibers out to get the color pins I prefer. A couple dollars and a few minutes..
The G5xr's and xr2's are my FAVORITE hunting sight..EVER!! I have one on most of my bows. I've got a boss hogg, a couple fast Eddie's and a fixed pin SH.. The G5's would still be my first choice. Having a fixed housing and fixed pins is a feature that is very important to me. The sight is very solid and well built. It's extremely light, has microadjust elevation, windage and also individual pin micro adjustments. Fail safe fixed pins with the ability to adjust for long shots. It's everything I want in a hunting sight.

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

·
let it buck
2,133 Posts
i still run them on both bows - 7 pin. been a super durable sight,but have replaced fibers with superbrights.
looked for on to put on new bow but couldnt find one so got a slider - hha.

·
let it buck
2,133 Posts
i get mine from scott custom archery, there in the sponsors at top of page.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts