Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to get a new bow soon so Im looking for some opinions on these two bows. It will be used as a hunting bow. What are some speeds that people are getting out of these two bows with a hunting arrow (425-450 grains) and how do they compare in the forgiveness and accuracy departments?

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
The Primal will be a hair more forgiving b/c it has a 1/8" longer brace height and is 1/2" longer axle to axle. On paper the Alien is a hair faster and that will probably still hold up with a hunting setup. I did not really care for the grip on the Alien, it seemed a little square and dug into my hand a little. As far as the draw cycle, they are dead even. Vibration and noise were a little less on the Primal but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
^ this, what he wrote is everything i noticed when i bought my bow i tried both out. In the end i bought the primal just so smooth and speed isnt to far behind at all not even to notice when killing anything imo

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have both and am very happy with them. They are really so close in performance that it's a coin flip, shoot both if you can and pick the one you like the best. I slightly prefer the Alien but just by a little. Speed is nearly the same, useing a 335gr arrow and with both bows set at 60lb, 28"dl I get 294 with my Alien and the same specs on the Primal give me 293. Drawing is similar, but the Alien is smoother by a little. I do like that the Primal has Hoyt quiver conections machined into the riser allowing the use of the Satori 2 piece quiver.

·
Banned
190 Posts
alien x!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
My vote is Primal. The fit and finish on the bow are superb by any standard, as is the machining and quality of parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts