Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experienced a problem with G5 's Quest Hammer? I've owned two in the past 12 months. Both just blew up on me in my hands while at full draw. The first one blew apart in my blind last year. Bass Pro replaced it and said the problem was a "manufacturer's defect". They replaced it (no hassles) with another Quest Hammer. Today, while practicing, this bow blew up in my face (string actually cut me) at full draw. Called Bass Pro and they said "bring it in and we'll have a look". Another website shows some issues with this bow doing the same thing. So, anyone else having this problem with the Quest Hammer? Or Ross Cardiac? (they're the same bow from what I hear.)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Happened to mine (2010 Hammer) last year. The cable broke near the end loop while at full draw. Quest sent new strings to my pro-shop after that happened, without any hassle. I shot it so much that the serving was starting to creep around the module, even on the new set of strings, thats why I upgraded to a primal. The dual cam setup doesn't have such a sharp bend that the cable has to go around on the mods, so hopefully the strings/cables last longer. I sure hope so because the primal is a real shooter.

·
Archery Addict
9,333 Posts
Still have my 07 Ross Cardiac. I just put on some new carbon fiber limbs and it still shoots as good as when new. When you say it "blew up", what exactly happened? The limb explode? Mine had a limb that cracked just after I had a new string put on it. I still shot it for almost a year until I got the new limbs. I think the limb cracked while the guy was pressing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By "Blew Up" in my hands I mean that the bow came apart into multiple pieces: string broken, whisker biscuit shattered in pieces, the lower limb on the ground, arrow slivers in my fingers, etc. I hadn't even released the arrow! It all just came apart at full draw. Second time this has happened to me with two different Quest Hammer's … thank God I didn't lose and eye the way this thing exploded!

·
Registered
56 Posts
By "Blew Up" in my hands I mean that the bow came apart into multiple pieces: string broken, whisker biscuit shattered in pieces, the lower limb on the ground, arrow slivers in my fingers, etc. I hadn't even released the arrow! It all just came apart at full draw. Second time this has happened to me with two different Quest Hammer's … thank God I didn't lose and eye the way this thing exploded!
Did the limb break at the point of contact at the limb pocket?

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Not sure about Bass Pros policy but at some box stores, if a bow gets dropped or dry fired they just put back together and hang it back on the rack.
At least that's what employees at Dick's are told to do.

·
Come on October!!!!
3,129 Posts
Glad you are okay. We had one come apart at the limb fork but only one. The cable end loop does make a sharp bend but unless there was a sharp edge on the cam/mod on two of them I'd say something other than equipment is at work here. What brand of peep do you have on the bow? And to another poster's question. Did the strings/cable break or did a limb de-laminate/crack? Quest bows are pretty darn go quality wise but things designed by humans can fail.

Xforce girl what happens at your shop if the drop or DF happens and who eats it? Just curious....

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've had my hammer two deer seasons now and the only problem I had was the draw length module screws backed off a little. I tightened them up and have had no more problems. I shoot year round and have the original strings on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts