Archery Talk Forum banner

G5 sights......Problems??

573 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  JDS-1
I have shot the Optix LE for a couple of years now with no problems. I absolutely love these sight. A friend of mine shot my bow this weekend and really liked them and decided to get the same ones. He called three different pro shops to check on them, and all three told them that the G5 LE is the most returned sight they sell due to breakage or the pins rattling. I have two other friends that have these sights and neither of them have had any trouble. I was wondering if anyone that shoots these sights have had any trouble with them. If so, what? Thanks.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,458 Posts
I have a friend that has one and really likes it but it does rattle. G5 told him to take it apart and make sure all the parts and nuts were tight inside the sight. I have another friend that I think his sight might make a little noise but not as much as the first friend's sight. Neither one has had a problem with broken pins.
That would be one of the sights that I would really consider if I was to switch to a fixed pin sight.

· Classifieds Administrator
39,734 Posts
I have the Optix ME and no rattles or issues. Great site, sold two of my buddies onto them and they have no issues either. Great site and great company to deal with!

· Registered
221 Posts
I have this sight, as Pickert said, it is like something in the box where the pin wires go......thats why G5 said to take the cover off and tighten the screws. I still love the sight though.
Ricky

· Premium Member
10,362 Posts
I have shot the Optix LE for a couple of years now with no problems. I absolutely love these sight. A friend of mine shot my bow this weekend and really liked them and decided to get the same ones. He called three different pro shops to check on them, and all three told them that the G5 LE is the most returned sight they sell due to breakage or the pins rattling. I have two other friends that have these sights and neither of them have had any trouble. I was wondering if anyone that shoots these sights have had any trouble with them. If so, what? Thanks.
I have the LE sights and have had no problem with them. I did replace the optics but other than that no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.