registered archer
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i choose im leaning towards short and stout w/ replaceable blades
but the montec is a classic design

·
Registered
977 Posts
I chose the montec's in the poll, I've been shooting them for a couple of seasons now and they fly with my field points and they are very durable. Sharpening the heads are not that big of a deal, but I would say if you don't want to mess with trying to sharpen them, go with the Strikers. I think either one will serve your purpose well.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I am completely sold on the sharpness, strength and flight of the G5 Strikers. These are by far the sharpest out of the box head I have ever seen.

·
registered archer
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
i have both and dont know which ill choose when i go into woods this year, maybe ill just pack all six arrows up full broadheads and hope for the best.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I am trying to make the same decision, but i think i will stick with the Montecs.

Sure the Strikers have replaceable blades but you will still need to sharpen the tip using pretty much the same technique as the Montec so why not just stick with the one piece Montec and sharpen it.

i have only damaged two Montecs - one on a rock after a missed squirrel shot and the other on my concrete basement wall after hitting a soft spot in my target. Both resulted in tip damage which would also have rendered the Striker useless and required replacement of the complete head just like the Montec.

So for me the Montec wins out for another year atleast.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm into the sharpness, and if the striker is like the Redhead Blackout (also made by g5 outdoors) then that gets my vote. I like the montec, but I don't know of any way to get them as sharp as the new g5 replaceable blades. They're absolutely WICKED sharp. :secret:

·
Registered
801 Posts
A buddy turned me on to those Blackouts from Bass Pro, those things are wicked sharp, I didn't see them until he had shot like 50 times into the target and they were still scary sharp....I just ordered a couple packs.....

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
G5 Strikers

Started shooting them this last month or so and now using them for hunting....Nothing down with them yet, but it's just a matter of time and luck! :wink:

They fly great, tough as nails and sharp, super sharp!!! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts