Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the last hunt, I used the G5 Striker....Great performance with a complete pass-thru (Quartering away shot!) taking out a rib and cutting another on the way out....Found it ten (10) yards past in the grass, very little damage and still razor sharp!

Attachments

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
YEAH!:darkbeer: Nice to hear some field reports on these heads. Congrats! That thing ate those ribs up...how was the blood?

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blood Trail -

Blood was good, I could have done better on shot placement, a little high on the exit....He was on a small rise and put him more in-line with me! :embara:

BigBull see my West Coast WhiteTail post! :wink:

Ton on the inside and the live had a great three (3) blade mark thru it....

·
Registered
801 Posts
Killed two does so far with the Blackouts (Bass Pro version made by G5) very happy with them! Wicked sharp and the blades stay that way, even after shooting into the target a bunch of times.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I can't wait to try them. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
So.... Strikers, Wac'ems & Blackouts all should be a good head? The only way I can tell the difference in these 3 heads is the packaging and color.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Deer Stabber said:
So.... Strikers, Wac'ems & Blackouts all should be a good head? The only way I can tell the difference in these 3 heads is the packaging and color.
I believe the only real difference is that Strikers have a slightly bigger cutting diameter. Other than that, they are all very close to the same broadhead. I'm shooting the Strikers this year, and I'll let you know how they do on deer once I get a chance to vent one.

·
Registered
36,021 Posts
Deer Stabber said:
the quality is better on the striker then that of the wac'em.

The striker is a great head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts