Archery Talk Forum banner

G5 Strikers

665 7
I was getting ready for hunting a couple weeks back. I got my arrows all squared up, broadheads spinning true etc. I was shooting my new CX Armid 350's with the G5 strikers at 40 yards. I decided to shoot a few at 30 yards my dumb arse used my 40 yard pin at 30yrds and I sent one sailing over my reinhart 18:1 into the woods somewhere. :confused: That left me with only 4 strikers, since I lost one a couple years ago in a buffalo and the recently lost one in the woods. I wanted to fill my 5 slot quiver with 5 good hunting arrows. So I went to the store and bought another 3 pack of Strikers. The three new Strikers wobbled horribly. I noticed the blades on the new brodheads stuck out past the backside of the broadhead, the original 4 I bought didn't have this problem. I tried different blade/arrow combination's, nothing worked. You can clearly see the older strikers have more casting or machining toward the tip allowing the blade to sit properly in the broadhead (not sticking out the back of the broadhead). The blades on the new broadheads are hitting the ferrule of the arrow throwing off the broadhead alignment. Anyone else recently purchase a pack of these broadheads notice the same issues?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,313 Posts
I recently puchased some but all mine are good, maybe the blade channel is obstucted so the blades dont sit properly, if so Id take them back get new pack.

· Registered
633 Posts
I purchased a pack of Strikers and a pack of the new Tekans last week and my strikers were good. Like QuickReflex said, make sure there is nothing obstructing that channel like a metal burr or something.

· Registered
3,547 Posts
No problems here!
I would take them back and get a different pack..

· aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
I have 9 packs of G5 Strikers 125 grain, these have the brass collars and all of mine have the blades sticking out too far. They make contact with the brass collars and as you tighten the broadhead, the brass collars take a "set" or "indention" that you end up hoping allows the broadhead to spin true.

I contacted G5 about the problem with the blades and collars, they have told me they are made this way on purpose.:confused:
They have sent me replacement collars twice now, once you take them off or if they come loose while shooting I basically have to start over with a brand new brass collar to get them to spin true again.:rolleyes:
While I am using them this year, I am not happy with all the "maintenance" involved with them.

I also had one that wouldn't spin true no matter what I did, they took care of it right away and did more than was asked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.