·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't the clips only last one shot anyhow

·
Registered
19,359 Posts
I used one one time. Performed flawlessly and an amazing, short blood trail.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I shot at least 3 deer before dumping them..they opened fine and killed all the deer, but lost blades on 2 of the three. The spider clips were a pain.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got ya guys I shoot killzone and MX 4 killzones work good but I think a 3 or 4 blade head leaves a better trail

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The G5 T3s are pure awesome. And the people that complain about the spider clips are either to lazy to watch the YouTube video or either to dumb to figure it out..

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol operator error I will try them late season hopefully I will get a shot

·
Registered
313 Posts
The G5 T3s are pure awesome. And the people that complain about the spider clips are either to lazy to watch the YouTube video or either to dumb to figure it out..
Another reason for T3's opening in the quiver are the well of their quiver is to shallow forcing you too press the head into foam causing it weaken clip tension. Use a quiver with a deep well and two holding point for the arrow shaft that way you don't press the head into the foam weakening clip tension. you can also hollow out the foam with a dremel tool to avoid broadhead contact. This worked for me. And they don't rattle in the quiver either. Love the T3's.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a g 5 quiver so not a issue

·
Registered
519 Posts
I killed a buck this year with the T3's. Liver shot and he laid down within 25 yards of my tree and expired relatively quickly. My buddy I hunt with has killed several deer with them and they performed great. There is a great clip on Youtube that shows how to reset/replace the spider clips. I use the video every time I need to do it. Compact head and doesn't make your arrow longer like broadheads with long ferrules. So no effect on spine and flies like field points. My only complaint is I had a blade break on the buck I shot this year. The blade that broke happened on a rib bone. I shoot a 370gr arrow at 300 fps so the arrow was clipping along pretty quickly. My concern is if someone is shooting a heavier draw weight/arrow weight combo will they hold up? Due to that experience I am choosing something a little more durable for next year.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm still shooting them but I'm not sure if I should be. Last year I had a pass thru on a doe with on issue and blew one thru the thickest part of the scapula on a 2 1/2 year old buck that broke 1 blade off but he went down within 30 yards. I also hit a branch shooting at a deer and the broadhead broke off at the threads. It was enough of an impact that the arrow was broken into 3 pieces so I just figured with that much of an impact anything would've broke. Then I had a second head break at the threads. This was a wounded deer that my buddy shot. I was standing 10 yards away, completely broadside shot and she was bedded. I ended up hitting her a slight bit high and just nicked the scapula. Found the deer with the arrow still in her with no broadhead attached. Somehow the broadhead made it thru the shoulder muscle but never entered the ribcage. Instead it took a 90 degree turn and somehow ended up in the neck just under the skin. I'd have to believe that the broadhead stayed attached to the arrow until it stopped in the neck otherwise the blades and washer would've came off but I have no clue how the arrow would've made that 90 degree left turn. This year I shot a buck and a doe with them and no issues. Next year I'm going to make it a point of getting fixed blade heads flying good out of my bow. While I haven't lost a deer yet due to a t3 failure I think the probability is high that it'll happen.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ive shot 5 deer with them, and they worked well. The spider clips aren't as bad as some people suggest. My biggest concern is blade sharpness...they don't seem as sharp as most broadheads. They did leave good blood trails though

·
Registered
670 Posts
Forgot to mention - no issues with the spider clips. I don't get all the posts complaining about them. Bend them up so you have tension on the blade and "carefully" push down on the blade until you can slide it forward and lock it into place. I suspect that everyone complaining is just squashing the clips.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I seriously don't get it either. The spider clips are very simple to understand. As far as how the head performs I love em. All of my deer have dropped within 50 yards. Hell I've shot 3 deer so far with just one of the heads. Sharpened blades and a new clip and it was good to go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts