Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input on the G5 T3. I used to use the Tekan 2s and loved them. Anyone put these through a elk, moose or hog? I'm putting them on 480gr FMJs so they should pass through like butter. Pics and posts please!

Sent from my Hotrod using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
I shot a deer with one using a light 350 grain arrow and it did a great job. Broadhead came out just fine. My only complaint with the package I got was I thought the blades could be sharper but they were sharp enough. People complain about the spider clips but I actually liked them. My deer went about 25 yards. No passthrough put shot placement and arrow weight contributed to that and I still followed a blood trail through standing corn in August. (crop damage permit).

·
Registered
19,352 Posts
I shot a doe 2 years ago with a T3. Hole was substantial, the blood loss incredible. She went 25-30 yards.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
im also curious

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good BH. Killed 4, along with my first P&Y with one. Shot 4 with the same head. They're also very accurate.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ttt

Sent via satellite from Marklar

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My last 2 bucks were shot with the T3.... A 173 incher that ran about 150 yards (shot a little high) and last year a 178 incher that ran 25 yards and dropped... great heads... i like em (and i'm picky!)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I guess I have a contrary opinion as I didn't liek them at all. I took a buck at very close range and although I got him, I had only what looked like bullet holes going through the deer. I have switched to VPA Terminators.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Who cares about the T3 post a bigger pic of your avatar.
Looking for some input on the G5 T3. I used to use the Tekan 2s and loved them. Anyone put these through a elk, moose or hog? I'm putting them on 480gr FMJs so they should pass through like butter. Pics and posts please!

Sent from my Hotrod using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
image.jpg

Wicked little mechanical, I shoot a 30" arrow, how about long ways into a hog at 33 yards?

Dead is dead!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Shot a doe with one at the beginning of the season, had high hopes for the head, but when I went down to get it, the groove the blade slides down was split to the point that it looked the the blad had been ripped out of the slot. Head still did its job, it was just a little unexpected to see that happen

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Shot a doe with one at the beginning of the season, had high hopes for the head, but when I went down to get it, the groove the blade slides down was split to the point that it looked the the blad had been ripped out of the slot. Head still did its job, it was just a little unexpected to see that happen
i would have given customer service a call to see if anything like that happened before.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I shot a doe 2 years ago with a T3. Hole was substantial, the blood loss incredible. She went 25-30 yards.
I was going to post the exact same thing as above. Good broadhead.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts