Archery Talk Forum banner

G5 Tekan

540 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  rudy78
What are everyone's thoughts on these heads? I jus tpicked some up and going to tune them tomorrow. Read some good reviews on here but wanted to know if anyone had anything else to add about them. They're the 2008's not the original or the Tekan II's
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
633 Posts
I personally prefer tuning with a fixed head but to each his own. I tuned with the G5 Striker then shot the the Tekan and put the Tekan through the same hole the Striker went through. Good heads but I have not had a chance to take an animal yet, hopefully this weekend will change that. I will testify that G5 has top notch customer service. I had some trouble with a head a couple weeks ago and G5 rectified the situation with no questions asked. Awesome service along with a very good product.

FWIW: Use the practice blades they send you in the package. Otherwise you could have a very hard time getting the head out of the target.

· Registered
297 Posts
I've been using Tekan 2 originals for several years. I have no complaints, and they have worked for me and several of my firends just fine. I don't bother practicing with them because I see no difference from field points. I have one that I shot thru a deer and it hit a tree behind it. The point was a little kinked, but I sharpened it up and it's on a hunting arrow today.

· im not NOT licking toads.
7,992 Posts
i shoot the new (2008) tekan's and the older tekan II's

and i think they are the finest mech head ever designed.

rearward sliding blades ,very minimal energy required to open them,
fly great, they have the easiest to change blades of any head on the market,
new ones have a 1.5" cut.

only thing i have a slight problem with is,
the blades are so small they are hard to resharpen
(a pair of hemostats works good to hold them though)

· Registered
645 Posts
I still haven't recieved my the new ones so I will start with my Tekian II's but can't wait to get the new ones they look awesome and I'm sure they are because they are just slight adjustments from the best head out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.