Archery Talk Forum banner

G5 XR2- Whats the skinny?

7365 Views 28 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Rolexdr
I am completely intrigued by this sight. :shade:I have always wished for a sight with this exact configuration. I always wanted a sight that was more flexible than a single pin but, not with all the sight picture clutter of a 4 or 5 pin site. What I wanted(it is now available) is a sight where I can set a pin for 20 and have another adjustable pin that I would leave on 30. That takes care of 95% of my hunting shots but, if a 40 yard shot that I felt comfortable with presented itself, I want to be able to shoot 40. On shots that far, I would range and just adjust the floater? I think this is an awesome setup, maybe not an advantage over multi-pin sights or sliders to some, but the concept is EXACTLY what I have been looking for.

So..........who has one and tell me the pros and cons???:darkbeer:
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2,486 Posts
I personally dont have one but i really really want one. I know a guy who has one and he loves it. he says its one of the best sights hes ever owened. Its quite easy to adjust and the micro adjust seems realy sweet.

· Registered
663 Posts
i think this site is absolutely awesome, I really am itching to buy one.

· Registered
1,796 Posts
I got one and cant imagine going with another sight ever again......until the newest best thing comes out that is........For real though, the ease of adjustment, brightness of the leds and the floating pin make this by far the best sight I have looked at.

· Registered
2,542 Posts
I love the XR and i have a bow neeeding a sight, but I have heard of the things the XR2 is saying and I am inclined to try if I can find one at the right price. I mya have to go with the XR if it brings their price down,. Lots of decisions. huh?

· Registered
42 Posts
It is better than I wished for

THe camo pattern looks great on my max 4 the .019 pins are bright but not to bright the sight is very light I set my first pin at 20 then 30 and 40 then the ADJ for 45 50 55 60 and yes 65 if you told me 10 years ago I would be shooting 65yards I would have said you are out of your mind. I do it with confidence. THis is a great hunting site :smile:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.