Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know that little tab on the back of turkey diaphragm calls? I have theory that its only purpose is to gag you. It is a product liability thing. They don't want you to choke on your call and sue them, so instead they make you gag on it. I have cut that tab off of all my calls without changing the quality of the call. The only difference is that I dont gag on them anymore. In fact, I have trimmed my calls down almost to the frame and they work much better. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I dont trim mine , but do whatever works the best for you. I kind of like the extra latex at the end I can hold my call out side the corner of my mouth to take a break every now and then. If it sounds better then by all means trim it .good hunting.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The tape on turkey calls is just there to help get a good seal so the air doesn't go around or over the call. Not everyone needs tape on their calls, I have several buddies that run them with no tape. I don't need a lot of tape on my calls either, I trim them pretty short as I can't stand to get the gag reflex going!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts