Archery Talk Forum banner

game cam question.......??????

618 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  King
anybody out there that might know why 3 weeks ago i had 249 pics the following 90 pics and this week only 2?????? any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks:eek:::confused:
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
798 Posts
it could be that your leaving too much human scent in the area when you go in to check it.

· SuperToon'd
12,325 Posts
I feel ya man . Last year we had 15 different bucks and many does coming to the camera and we got all kinds of pics . As soon as the velvet started coming off the bucks stopped showing up. I'm talking about racked bucks up to 140 class and we were getting like 500 pics a week then all of a sudden maybe 50 a week . I know it was not because we were leaving too much scent because we always take care of it. I think some deer just know what time it is if you get my meaning :wink:

· Registered
4,641 Posts
Could also be that they have changed food sources. I was getting about 600pics a week, now I am getting less than 200pics a week.

· Registered
588 Posts
drop in pic numbers

Mast crops are dropping. Both hard and soft mast. Vegetation is drying up and
some trees are turning and even starting to drop their leaves. Also like stated before , velvet shedding usually means a shift in bucks areas as the bachelor groups will be breaking up and each goes their own way.

· Super Moderator
20,486 Posts
Mast crops are dropping. Both hard and soft mast. Vegetation is drying up and
some trees are turning and even starting to drop their leaves. Also like stated before , velvet shedding usually means a shift in bucks areas as the bachelor groups will be breaking up and each goes their own way.
This is most likely the real reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.