Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at getting my first digital game cam..looking for all suggestions...i saw a gsm 1.5 mp game cam for a good price..any input on this cam? i'm not looking to spend a ton just for a cam but i don't want junk either..thanks for all input!

· BOWHUNTING ELITIST
3,750 Posts
leaf river

i took the advise of some guys from here and got a leaf river digital cam. it's awesome! best part so far is not having to pay for processing to see what you have. i only been running mine for a little over two weeks, the battery strength indicators are still showing full after about 500 pictures (mostly at night using the flash) and a guy from here told me he gets two months out of his. i would bet you'll be really happy with one too.

· Registered
115 Posts
My recommendation would be to compare the pics from those to those using the sony P41's. The Sony's will be clearer and the night pics will be better. If the quality doesn't matter as much to you, go for the lower cost. The Leaf River would be about 1/2 the price. I saw that some were being sold on a Women's hunting site for under $300 a couple of weeks ago.

· Registered
17,332 Posts
Another vote for the Leaf River

I have only tried a few different digital trail cams, but between the Stealth 3MP, the Cuddeback and the Leaf River, the Leaf River easily gets my vote. It's an excellent cam with much better battery life than the others, you will easily get 2 months. I also find that set-up and controls are better and it's just more user friendly than the others. I haven't felt as if I have had any problems with ANY images I've got with my LR's. In fact the results have been so good that I've got rid of my other cams in exchange for more LRs. The image quality is very good and I've had no problems with animals outside of my flash distance. I feel that the flash does a very good job. The LR DC-2 with LCD screen can be had for $319 and the DC-1 with no screen can be purchased for only $265 on Jesses. It really is an impressive unit, IMHO. I think you'l find that for the money and compared to others on the market, the LR is a "best buy". The "standard" image quality is 2.1 MP with optional 4MP quality if you use the software. You've certainly got to take a serious look at this cam if you don't want to build your own.

· Registered
2,016 Posts
I like them.. My first was a 35mm good start but costly batteries and developing. The second was a cuddleback dig that got stollen. I have thought about building my own, but not seeing a home made it is the whole fear of the unknown. There are a lot on E-Bay commercial and home made even the price of the home made ones has gone up because the cost of the commercials keeps climbing.

Like Snoopy said with a little bit of knowledge and the ability to do some fine sodering you should be able to make a good digital for about $200.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.