Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i put a game camera out the other day, and was wondering how much they effect the game. I put it on a small food plot that my stand will be right by. Does the flash scare the game away, should it not be that close to my stand? I plan on taking it out a good 2 to 3 weeks before i am going to sit on the stand, will it be ok?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I use them everyday and have no trouble. Some deer are alittle suprised by the flash but others will get severalpics in a row. Even deer that are jumpy won't go far. They see flashes all the time, Lightning. I have had them smell the camera after the pic and get another with thier nose on the camera glass. Don't sweat it.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
thats ok

Everything you've said sounds OK... If your careful about scent control, you can pull it out a couple days before you hunt!!

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
I've got pictures of them looking at the camera like they aren't sure about it, but they always come back for more. They get used to it pretty quick it seems.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here you go

Here are a couple of pics for you. I have the doe on camera a few times but the ***** are something elsse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts