Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Premium Member
10,169 Posts
I have a Cabelas magnum hauler for well over 20 years and on my second one now that I I bought years ago and stashed. A few years ago I bought a Hawk Crawler, it’s like the Cadillac of carts, from the four fat tires to their axle system that goes over everything, I did fill the tires with Slime.
I need to cart my gear in and out every hunt so I needed a good cart, the Crawler goes everywhere easily.
I also have a Sherpa wheel kit that works great for carting the stand and gear in and out but haven’t hauled a deer in it, it seems like it would work ok for that. I did do a couple of upgrades to make it better and quieter. The Summit foot rest is a must have for using it.

· Read Only
302 Posts
I have a Cabelas magnum hauler for well over 20 years and on my second one now that I I bought years ago and stashed. A few years ago I bought a Hawk Crawler, it’s like the Cadillac of carts, from the four fat tires to their axle system that goes over everything, I did fill the tires with Slime.
I need to cart my gear in and out every hunt so I needed a good cart, the Crawler goes everywhere easily.
I also have a Sherpa wheel kit that works great for carting the stand and gear in and out but haven’t hauled a deer in it, it seems like it would work ok for that. I did do a couple of upgrades to make it better and quieter. The Summit foot rest is a must have for using it.
love my Sherpa wheel kit on my Summit. Have pulled a bunch of deer out with it including this hefty one last Monday. Love how i can just put it behind the seat of the truck and always have my cart with me that takes up virtually no room. I don’t use it with a foot rest and do just fine. Even on my smaller Open Shot.
Natural environment Tree Deer Grass Fawn

Trophy hunting Plant Hunting Deer hunting Tree

· Premium Member
302 Posts
Have had a Guide Gear Deluxe deer cart for over 20 years. Hauled out dozens of deer and blind setups with no issues. I have ratchet straps and bungee cords galore to fit my needs. Never has let me down and has been through the ringer. I like the rigid solid tires and big wheels to get over large obstacles. A two person team can wheel out an enormous load through some major brush!

Note: I keep it in my shed in the off season. I do take care of it, keep it clean, oil bearings every year, and make sure bolts and nuts are tightened periodically.

· Premium Member
10,169 Posts
The foot rest helps me a lot to add length but I have to strap it open. Having to cart in every hunt I needed to quiet the rattle a bit so I added a couple of O rings to the axle between the two frames, that helped big time. That and covering the frames with Stealth Strips.
Automotive tire Bag Sleeve Tread Camouflage
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Then to connect the two sections of the stand I cut some old Summit cables instead of strapping them together for a more rigid and secure connection.
Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle

These cables also add a bit of needed length to the cart. I have found length of a cart is important in buying game carts. Although I haven’t hauled any deer I had people lay in it and that works great.
I don’t use it much but when space is an issue I think the Sherpa wheel kit is a great option.

· Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Have had a Guide Gear Deluxe deer cart for over 20 years. Hauled out dozens of deer and blind setups with no issues. I have ratchet straps and bungee cords galore to fit my needs. Never has let me down and has been through the ringer. I like the rigid solid tires and big wheels to get over large obstacles. A two person team can wheel out an enormous load through some major brush!

Note: I keep it in my shed in the off season. I do take care of it, keep it clean, oil bearings every year, and make sure bolts and nuts are tightened periodically.
I have a Guide Gear cart and it didn’t cost much back then, it is very well built. I added some washers and nylon washers to the axle. I use it around the house as I prefer longer carts but it would be a very good cart. I added a couple of tie down straps and just keep the bearings oiled. It sits outside all years round for the last six years and it’s in great shape. I paid 49.00 years ago.

· Registered
1,044 Posts
I have one of the ones with the big run flat bicycle looking tires. It's works pretty good on solid ground.. where I hunt there's a lot of downed trees deep leaves and mud. A jet sled works great.. a friend of mine has the hawk crawler and loves it.

· Registered
583 Posts
Looking for a deer cart . Any users have advice on a decent one ? I would like one that will last and they
all seem to be cheaply made .
Leader Accessories Super Mag Hauler Steel Hunting Deer Game Cart 550lb Capacity:
Search on that one above. Pretty sure it is the same thing I have but mine had a Cabelas name. I've had it for 20 yrs and it works well and folds up so I can fit sidewise and out of the way until I need it in the front part of the bed of my truck.
I had another one just before I got the Cabelas cart. It lasted about 200 yards with a small buck on it before the plastic spoked wheels broke off.

· Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Leader Accessories Super Mag Hauler Steel Hunting Deer Game Cart 550lb Capacity:
Search on that one above. Pretty sure it is the same thing I have but mine had a Cabelas name. I've had it for 20 yrs and it works well and folds up so I can fit sidewise and out of the way until I need it in the front part of the bed of my truck.
I had another one just before I got the Cabelas cart. It lasted about 200 yards with a small buck on it before the plastic spoked wheels broke off.
That is the same one I bought from Cabelas, the first one I bought at Dick’s 30 years ago and I just gave it away and stared using the one I bought from Cabelas 5 years ago. It does pack up well but if I don’t need it to pack up I take the Hawk Crawler.

· Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
7,011 Posts
this is similar to what I have for the last 20 years, but mine has steel spokes and support arms bolt on, looks like this one would rattle like crazy, but can be fixed to not

· Premium Member
10,169 Posts
this is similar to what I have for the last 20 years, but mine has steel spokes and support arms bolt on, looks like this one would rattle like crazy, but can be fixed to not

Any cart can be quieted.

· team whacknstack
3,416 Posts
i use the hawk crawler, but i also tow it behind my bike. no issues once i slimmed the tires.

· Registered
485 Posts
I have used the Hawk Crawler for two years and have hauled out 9 deer out of the woods. It works great and in my opinion is one of the best game carts. Once I get the deer back to my 4 wheeler I just hook the handle to my back rack of the 4 wheeler and pull the deer out of the woods. Would also work great as a trailer for an E Bike if someone had one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
5 Posts
I have used the Hawk Crawler for two years and have hauled out 9 deer out of the woods. It works great and in my opinion is one of the best game carts. Once I get the deer back to my 4 wheeler I just hook the handle to my back rack of the 4 wheeler and pull the deer out of the woods. Would also work great as a trailer for an E Bike if someone had one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked into the Hawk Crawler before buying the Sherpa cart. It’s definitely a good choice; articulating wheels, durable and backed by excellent reviews. Only reason I didn’t buy it was it’s heavy at nearly 50 # and bulky. I wanted a light weight aluminum foldable cart that is durable. I’ve owned the the Sherpa cart for a few years and hauled lots of deer out of the woods and fields.

· Registered
9,427 Posts
I was able to pick up a Cabelas wagon frame several years ago, added the wood and it is great. I pull it with ATV and can pretty much drive it close or next to the animal. Big tires that go over anything the Rancher, use it year round for wood etc. It sits low and "breaks" at the tongue so it sits on the ground. I have tried many of the others and this baby makes it easy.

· Registered Elker
7,934 Posts
Sounds very similar to the first one I bought. All the rattle came from the cotter clips that held it together. The benefit was that it folded down, but there is simply too much slop. I also experienced the balance issue.....none of that with my Rambo.
I have a Cabela's cart I bought 12 or so years back and it's still going I bet it's hard 20 deer pulled out and most over 1/2 mile. Replace those worthless cotter pins with bolts, lock washers and wing nuts. Night and day difference. Then add some marine grease to the hub if it squeaks. Any grease really but what I used. We hauled it through the river few times and it needed it. Not saying it's the greatest cart but mine is quiet and is going strong. I bet I get 10 more years and 20+ deer on it yet. Added a handle to it the other day. Barbie handle from my daughters first bike.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Road surface Asphalt

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Road surface Asphalt

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Tree

We use it for having treestands and sticks out the woods too. Can fit 2 large climbers and lots of climbing sticks easy enough.

· Registered Elker
7,934 Posts
After reading all this I might keep my eye out for a Versa cart. I do like how it holds the deer vertical.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts