Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tried the tick repelling clothes? Does it work well? I was at Sportsman's Warehouse & seen the Gamehide Elimitick stuff. Never knew something like that existed. Man if it actually works that would be a game changer here in the south. We have ticks all the way up into the rut.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I believe those clothes have permethrin embedded in them. If you don’t want to buy new clothes you can just buy the permethrin spray and spray your clothes. It lasts for 5-6 washings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
I have seen it advertised for a few years but never seen any posts on here. If it worked I would buy, at least for the early season.
Right now I do all of my clothes in permethrin and tuck everything in. I also give my vehicle a dose for any that may come off in there.
I’ve seen too many posts on here about people getting Lyme disease, I have enough health issues.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe those clothes have permethrin embedded in them. If you don’t want to buy new clothes you can just buy the permethrin spray and spray your clothes. It lasts for 5-6 washings.

Yeah I do that already with Sawyers. The Gamehide clothes tout 70 washings, which is what got my attention.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think I would prefer spraying myself. At least I would know it’s at full strength and when to respray.

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
Combine the tick cloths and the Sawyer.

·
Registered
24,151 Posts
My turkey hunting buddy has a set.....and feels they were worth his investment. Ticks are not a huge issue in west MI, but I have encountered a few over the years. Going to try the headcover for next spring turkey season and see if it keeps the gnats away....my friend says it does.

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
I think I would prefer spraying myself. At least I would know it’s at full strength and when to respray.

That is a very good point, especially with what is at stake.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,509 Posts
Never had good luck with it...neither did my two brothers....we use Sawyers and have been happy since.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a couple sets for working in the summer (Pants, shirts, and socks). It is good stuff the first few times you wear it and it works well after that but I have pulled ticks off of me with it on. I still spray down with Sawyers. I bought it mainly for seed ticks.

Sometimes scouting/working in the summer I would pull 20plus seed ticks off of me (no Sawyers). Some buried and some not.

Since I have been using the clothing and spray I may find one or two. I would recommend to get a pair of socks insect shield or elimitick.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I've been wearing ElimiTick camo for four years and have not had a tick on me yet. It also repels mosquitoes and gnats very well but they find all the holes like eyes. It's pretty thin material so I avoid briars when wearing it. I wear mine for turkey season and early bow season, washing usually two times per year and it stays effective. I also have Sawyers but use it on blue jeans when scouting. Neither is more effective than the other so it's personal preference.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
A few years ago, My buddy and I walked a long turkey walk in the early morning. I had Elimitick pants on, he didn't. He picked off 30+ wood ticks. I picked ZERO.

The next day we walked the same logging roads. My buddy wore Elimitick Pants I didn't. I picked off 30+ wood ticks. He picked off ZERO.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Permethrin works with your existing stuff or if you buy it already embedded. I spray my own clothes. I also spray my tent entrance area packs and PFD for canoe trips. Game changer.

·
Just call me RETIRED !
528 Posts
I've used Elimitick and clothes from Insect Shield which offer the same treatment for several years now. They work great so far!. Insect Shield offers an expanded line of regular clothes like jeans and t-shirts which the wife really likes too. In fact, Insect Shield will let you send them clothes you really like and treat them for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts