Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To any Gander Mountain workers or anyone who knows, could you tell me if what I heard is true or not. I was told that the GM Whitetail arrows are made by Carbon Express, is this true and if it is what arrow in the CX line do they compare with? Thanks

·
bowhunter for life
1,322 Posts
arrow

yes they are made by carbon express they are in the same class as the rebals nad the thunderstrom they sale good arrow for hunting we are about to open here in WVa in two days and the told us that we will sale them 5 to 1 over anything else i aslo believe that they are made for gander only not shore good luck this season to all

·
Registered
419 Posts
they are not bad, we sell alot of them at my gander, but thats cause there at least 10$ cheaper then anything else, personally ur better off spending a lil more to get alot more quality, and yes they are made by carbon express

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
they're the same arrows as the CX terminators, built under contract for gander mtn.

·
Registered
PSE Spyder, PSE Chaos, Barnett Recruit
301 Posts
Probably too much info...

I saw the Whitetails at Gander Mountain, and bought a pack of 3 to try them out. I liked how they shot, but could not figure out who the manufacturer was. So, I did a little research. They were labeled with "Buff-Tuff", which is a Carbon Express trademark. After a couple of emails and a phone call, I was able to verify the manufacturer and get the technical info that I had been seeking.

Result: The Gander Mountain Whitetails are made by Carbon Express, and marketed by Eastman Outdoors. In fact, they are made in the same factory and on the same production lines as the Carbon Express arrows.

I have some of the 30/50's and the 45/60's, and they are good performers for the price. The 30/50's are 8.4 gpi: comparable to the CX Thunderstorm arrows, with the same diameter & use same inserts & nocks. The 45/60's are 10.7 gpi & very similar to the CX Terminators, and just as consistent.
:tea:
BTW, Gander Mountain will cut your arrows to length and install your inserts free of charge if you buy your arrows there. Talk about good customer service... :wink:

·
Registered
11,815 Posts
until this year those arrows are all I shot. They were great arrows I never had any problems with them. I got my first robbinhood with them at the beginning of the summer. A friend of mine also shoots them I gave him the rest of my old ones. He gets a deer every year with them they are tough!

·
Registered
17,445 Posts
I bought a couple packs of 3 for $5 AND they had broadheads with them. Great deal but the arrows are junk IMO, I have had to throw out 4 of 9 because the nocks came off and they were splintering.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I bought some Whitetail Hunter 6075's early last fall. I shot two deer with them, but that was before getting my Switchback XT and really understanding arrow spine, etc. I beat the arrows up pretty good and they withstood it very well. I still have 8 of the 12 left - I lost 2, split 1 with a broadhead, and shot the other one into a 6x6 post (it broke at the nock). I can't say that it was the only arrow that hit something other than a target or a deer :embara: , but it is the only one that broke. So all in all, I'd say they're pretty decent for as cheap as they are. That being said, I won't be buying any anytime soon, as I'm shooting GoldTips now, and am switching to Maxima's when they're gone.

·
Registered
81 Posts
whitetails

I started with whitetails for target practice. I use carbon express edge hunter for hunting puposes. Edge shoots slightly flatter and have been told the spine is stiffer on the Edge. Inside 25 yards with a light setup, I really cant tell the difference.

oldrookie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts