Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone use this and is it worth the money....im kinda lost linking the software to the unit itself

·
Registered
96 Posts
I received a Garmin GPS (60CS?) from work. They bought a how-to CD with the order, but I don't know what the title was. It was completely worthless. It went through the VERY basic functioning of the GPS. It covered less material than the manual did.

Unfortunately, I've never tried loading any software so I can't help you there.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZA206 said:
Hey man... I just got the software the other day and didn't have any issues uploading topos to my 60CSx.

What do you want to know?

-ZA

Well, the last couple of days is the first time I have been able to sit down, upload it and play with it...sorry for the delay ZA

how much topo will a card hold...i am using the Eastern US...for TX and IL..

I bought a 512 card to go in it...

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Well... I downloaded 85% of the state of Colorado and it took up about 55 out of the 64 megs on the factory card. You should have no issues getting all of Texas and a couple of other states on your jumbo card!

-ZA

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ZA206 said:
Well... I downloaded 85% of the state of Colorado and it took up about 55 out of the 64 megs on the factory card. You should have no issues getting all of Texas and a couple of other states on your jumbo card!

-ZA

how do you download..do you select the state or draw a box around the map you want downloaded

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
I've been playing with mine for the past two weeks and pretty much have 75% of it's capabilities down pat. It's not too bad.... the waypoints are easy to use. I still don't have a great feel for the breadcrumb feature, but I probably will never use it anyway.

-ZA

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
1) Obviously install the software on your computer
2) Turn off GPS
3) plug USB cables into GPS and computer
4) turn GPS on (make sure the computer recognizes the GPS)
5) open the mapsource program
6) zoom into the general area you want on the GPS unit
7) push the maptool button on the menu bar that's a funky box with a yellow border... it's just to the left of the zoom button
8) drag a window over the area of the map that you want to download into the GPS (the areas will light up in a pinkish grid pattern and the individual plot units will pop up in a list on the left had side of the mapsource screen)
9) hit the download to gps button to the left of the maptool botton (it's a mini gps unit with an arrow pointing at it)
10) this will get it rolling..... you might want to zoom out and highlight all of TX and IL before downloading...

-ZA

zwbonner said:
how do you download..do you select the state or draw a box around the map you want downloaded

·
Reverend
6,940 Posts
I also have the 60cs. If all else fails, Garmin has a great customer service dept. that'll walk you through it. At least they did for me. Toll free too!:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts