Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 24K Map microchip for my Vista HxC. I always though that the lack of 24K mapping what the major downfall of the Garmins but it looks like they plugged that hole! :)

Anyone else use the 24K mapping chip yet?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
is this the National Parks/Recreation maps, or regular USGS Quads anywhere in the US?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Just picked up my 24K Map microchip for my Vista HxC. I always though that the lack of 24K mapping what the major downfall of the Garmins but it looks like they plugged that hole! :)

Anyone else use the 24K mapping chip yet?
Doc - do u get the chip when you order the map or do you order it separately?

·
Do it in style!
2,241 Posts
this is just for out west correct? I have been looking for a better map for mine but I live here in the midwest(missouri)

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
I bought the miniSD card that fits into my Garmin HcX at REI.
Hey Doc.... (LOL)....

Did you check to make sure that it has 1:24K MAPS of everywhere in CO? If so... I might have to pick that card up. Their old software version only ever had the 1:24k topos of selected national parks and monuments.:thumbs_do

-ZA

·
Registered
370 Posts
Garmin is slowly adding more 24k topo maps. But slow is the key word. You get 2 states for about 90$ . I see mostly the western states so far. I have 3 chips to cover most of my areas. Thats almost $300 . So cheap they are not. Try this link for some free maps.
They are pretty good. http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/
This link for some of the current maps available from garmin
http://www.gpsnow.com/Garmin_TOPO_US_24K.htm

·
Registered
124 Posts
garmin also sells a 4-state DVD for $129. Covers CO/NM/AZ/UT.

Looks like you just buy a cheap microSD card and make your own custom map card fro plugging into the garmin gps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts