Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if this could be adapted for our crossbows?
Just fired off an email asking if these can be mounted / used on crossbows, and if not, if they are planning on introducing a model that can.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/613654

A little on the pricey side, but perhaps the next generation will see that relax a little...

Thoughts?

Wondering...
Nog

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Clint posted this video of it 6 months ago. Now the guy using it is the guy promoting it so, he's the expert snake oil salesman. Watch around the 3:40 mark where he hits that deer using the high tech device. Shot felt great.LMAO 26yd shot and, the perfect lack of vert penetration on display. TWENTY SIX Yards. C'Mon Man you could have done better with your eyes closed.lol
https://youtu.be/c6PlGCjx4OQ

·
Catty Shack
12,412 Posts
These Vendettas still work for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have yet to hear back from Garmin, but as one of my coastal buddies noted:

"How well do you think this will work in fog, mist, drizzle or rain"?

Seeing as those are the conditions we hunt under a hell of a lot of the time, I guess that lets this one out for now.
I know my high end rangefinder is basically useless under those conditions.
Can't imagine this would be any different.

Sticking with the Hawke for now it seems...

Cheers,
Nog

·
Catty Shack
12,412 Posts

Cheers,
Nog

I know for a fact my fancy Leupold RX-1200i standard rangefinder does not work in the fog or rain.

·
Registered
21,713 Posts
I know for a fact my fancy Leupold RX-1200i standard rangefinder does not work in the fog or rain.
Im surprised to read this. Ive tested mine in all kinds of conditions. And tested it against other range finders. Ive seen some fail to read at all in the fog and the leupold 1200 read 200+ yards standing in the same spot at the same time. Now yes have i seen fog stop it yes but its foggy as pea soup :). Same with rain or snow.

·
Registered
21,713 Posts

Seeing as those are the conditions we hunt under a hell of a lot of the time, I guess that lets this one out for now.
I know my high end rangefinder is basically useless under those conditions.
Can't imagine this would be any different.

Sticking with the Hawke for now it seems...

Cheers,
Nog
Im not naming names and starting :). But i have a very expensive range finder setting on a shelf because a spider web with dew stopped it one morning. And fog forget it and im talking i can tell its foggy fog. And another zero magnification finder that was worthless in the least little bit of fog that i sold.

First things that crossed my mind after trying a few bow mounted finders. One was fog and the other was the size of the cone or beam. I learned trees anything really between myself and deer could give me a false reading. I had it happen to many time for me to keep using them. But to be fair i used one for a season and killed deer when they work the do a great job. and Turkey hunting in a field there super as field hunting deer as long as there zero fog.

Im not knocking this sight i know nothing about them. But those would be questions id want to know myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts