Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had the sight for a few weeks but sold my target bow so I was using my hunting bow for asa events for the last 2 weeks since I’ve had it. I finally installed today and updated like I was informed to do. Initial impression is your like the body could be made better but the more you have it and once you get it on the bow it’s not as noticeable. Got everything on and shot a few and hard to restart a few times. I finally had to get my rangefinder to get a distance and then make the sight find that yardage as I couldn’t get the pin aligned with the reticle I was able to play around and get it sighted in to 83 yards and was actually impressed but disappointed with the ranging issue. However, as it got hot I came in and read the instructions and figured out the reticle thing and fixed it and everything is working perfect. Definitely a lot of features that I still have to play with. The one thing I say is definitely read the directions before you fool with it. I’m going to post up a few groups that I shot earier. I never shoot over 40 yards barely practice at that range but I can shoot it. These pictures are all 69 yards and better.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Nice shooting. I am no target shooter, but I am more accurate then I have ever been with the A1i. I wonder what the rattle is? You are the second post about it. No rattle for me, but nobody wants a sight that rattles. Hope you or Garmin can fix it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure about the rattle I’m wondering if it’s a bolt that needs more tightening I just don’t want to over tighten. Could be the bolts that hold it to riser I may change those out not sure.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Be careful with the torque with the bolts attached to the riser. I believe the manual says 60 in lbs is the max but I used a torque wrench on mine (a Weaver “Fat Wrench”) and I felt 60 was way too high. Mine is on a Hoyt Carbon Defiant and I was afraid I was going to strip out the threads anywhere close to 60.

The adjustment bolts are 20 in lbs and they handle that just fine.

You can change the yardage to 1/10s of a yard to make the ranging more accurate. Check out that section in the manual, it’s toward the end of the instructions in English before it goes to a foreign (to us :wink:) language.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you take it off? I wasn’t just having issue getting the reticle down there I didn’t read that far when I set it up but I’m sure that’s probably the first thing that should be done. Would make it much easier

1 - 13 of 13 Posts