Archery Talk Forum banner

Gas spring as bow shooting practice tool

10908 Views 26 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  caspian
I keep my bow in our living room all the time. So I like to pick it up a lot and just draw it without arrow in it. I know. I must be stupid to do it but this is how I train my grip. Probably I will keep doing it till I dry fire one day. But anyway I was thinking if it's possible to take the gas spring and screw it in place of an arrow rest so I can draw the bow back with gas spring rod hooked to the string and then just shoot? I will adjust the gas spring so it will put enough pressure on the string as arrow will. Do you guys think this will be safe?
See less
I keep my bow in our living room all the time. So I like to pick it up a lot and just draw it without arrow in it. I know. I must be stupid to do it but this is how I train my grip. Probably I will keep doing it till I dry fire one day. But anyway I was thinking if it's possible to take the gas spring and screw it in place of an arrow rest so I can draw the bow back with gas spring rod hooked to the string and then just shoot? I will adjust the gas spring so it will put enough pressure on...
See more
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,439 Posts
I don't know where they got them, but Lancaster Archery Supply has a couple of Genesis bows in their showroom with similar devices on them. They are there for folks to try out releases before purchase.
Those are Vibrachecks. I don't believe that they are available any more. They are much like the unit that b0w bender built.

I used to have one and hated it. It didn't give the feel of a regular shot because it threw off the balance of the bow. I couldn't get a vibracheck shot to translate to a regular shot. For me a blank bale in the basement works much better.

· Registered
8,439 Posts
But you have a basement and I don't :-(
That would be a problem. :sad:

b0w bender's unit would probably be better than the original Vibracheck. It's made of PVC instead of steel, so it will be a lot lighter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.