Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is a couple pics from a Gator XP 2in cut BH that came in mail today.. I wanted to see how well the cut holes in milk jugs full of water so put one on and shot my Block first to check flight. Well I pulled the shot left and skimmed the target and the arrow hit our 3/4 presswood backstop.. I just cringed knowinf this thing was destroyed on first shot.. So go and look and I was like HOLY CRAP!!! this thing had blown through the wood and all the way up to fletchings in penetration and was in perfect shape. The 7595 GT is 395gr with head, out of my Venny at 66lbs... I know this aint real skin and bone but a piece of wood it pretty ruff on stuff at those speeds.. Just saying Im impressed to say the least.. We wound up shooting this BH about 30-35 times into the block and shooting 15-20 milk jugs full of water and yes they knock a HELLUVA hole in them entrance and exit....Rage look out, thes are half the cost and work just as well..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Yes,they are a great head.Killed both my deer last year with these and both were passthroughs.Were these the original ones by rocky mountain,or the bass pro models?

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These were the new ones from Basspro. Just came in mail today, they were 19.99 on sale rt now.Going to my local BPS here in Charlotte NC and get me 3-4 more packs to put away cause they will be 30$ + like the rest of the BHs out there before to long..

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody elae tested these heads or have pics of arrows with heads deployed on target.. These things r real deal!!

·
I like shiny stuff.
4,546 Posts
I shot them in one of my tests, one of the few expendables I would use on big game if it was legal here.

·
Bow Only
9,553 Posts
just boughta couple packs the toher day, but for some reason i cant get them to hit with my rages muzzy and FP's tehy hit about 6" to the right.. i do liek the design and the price thoughn might have to do a little mroe tuning ;)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I bought a pack, but am unhappy with the sharpness of them. Then again, I'm tough to please when it comes to broadhead sharpness

·
Team 32
2,524 Posts
I bought a pack, but am unhappy with the sharpness of them. Then again, I'm tough to please when it comes to broadhead sharpness
Really? I bought a couple packs a couple years ago and they were probably the sharpest head I've ever received out of the package.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Really? I bought a couple packs a couple years ago and they were probably the sharpest head I've ever received out of the package.
Yep. Brand new pack of the Bass Pro brand gators. It took effort to get them to cut a rubber band. Now, the old Rocky Mountain heads were always some of the sharpest broadheads available

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Maybe I got a bad pack, but the edge was ground uneven and had a very unfinished look. I was post a pic but I took them back to Bass Pro.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Impressive...

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe I got a bad pack, but the edge was ground uneven and had a very unfinished look. I was post a pic but I took them back to Bass Pro.
The heads I got were not as sharp as the G5 strikers but plenty sharp to cut holes through deer and what ever else it hits. ****** your bh test was great but I missed the test with these Gator heads.. Im really excited to let one of these do its thang on a whitetail..!!

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
I wish they made them in 125 grain...

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
just boughta couple packs the toher day, but for some reason i cant get them to hit with my rages muzzy and FP's tehy hit about 6" to the right.. i do liek the design and the price thoughn might have to do a little mroe tuning ;)
Man that's hard to believe. There shouldn't be any planing or issues like that. I don't see what would cause that drastic of a difference. I shoot the RM gators and they shoot the same as fp

·
Registered
3,226 Posts

Just get your field points sighted in and you should be fine when you screw the gators in. Have never had them shoot different than my FP out of a dozen or more bows.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts