Archery Talk Forum banner

Gave up on Accunocks and fobs

590 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  PAstringking
Bought a couple dozen FOBS and tried them.

Found they were better than Blazers in a 15+mph crosswind.

Worse than Blazers at over 40 yards with no wind and fell lower on the target.

If you flinch and miss the target, the FOBS fly off into god knows where because I lost a couple in just that fashion. Not to mention the Accunocks I bought for them. But I didn't need them(the Accunocks) at all, I just bought into the hype about them. I had no clearance or "touching" issues at all with them.

FOBS work good for some, no doubt. Just not enough for me to use them when I can get Blazers to work as good in fair weather and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Accunocks ARE A WASTE OF MONEY for sure. NO difference between the Accunocks and regular nocks. At all.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Thanks for giving them a try!

May I ask ddid you set the nock level for FOBs? If your vanes are set nock high, the FOBs will drop out unless you set level for FOBs.

Again....Thanks for trying and if you are up to it, I am sure we can fix the drop out you had.

Best regards,

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Well if you flinch when you shoot, the Fob's won't likely help much. I think you need a little more practice.

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ripcord. Set to come up in the last inch of draw. No bounce back.

I can't believe you guys don't think I had it set up right.

Unbelievable. SOME PEOPLE DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD if it doesn't work for them.

· Registered
61 Posts
I think that they are just plain funny lookin - so I support your decision FDR (as if that's any help).

· Registered
3,514 Posts
Can't win them all.

I was only trying to help before you gave up. Sounds like you gave it a fair shake for sure. The only other thing I might ask were the broadheads hitting the same spot as your field tips with FOBs?

Again.....Not trying to be a pest. This is how I learn and improve customer service. For sure the product is not for everyone. Just trying to do my job as best I can.

Thanks,

· Registered
2,542 Posts
How many FOBs you got left? IF they are regular size FOBs, I have a hankering for some big ones so my brother can try them on his new bow/ Give me a PM if interested.

I am sorry you had a situation where they didint perform for you. It would be a perfect world if everthing worked every time. But that is why we have choies I guess.

Just for information I am trying to gather for personal use, how long did it take you to get your setup back to the place where you were when shooting Blazers? and what all did you have to change?

As you can guess, I use FOBS and I am showing my brother them also. I have yet to have to change back from FOBs after changing to them, but we are getting near Turkey season and I kinda want to know how much time I have if I need to go back to Quick Spin ST's and what to look to change back.

I hope maybe someday your change of set up gives you the opportunity to try them again and you have better luck at that time.

Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.