Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says i'm looking for a pack to carry my gear while hunting, would like something versitale, something i can use to walk to the stand/blind and drop it, or something ready for spot and stalk. so since you guys are the expierenced ones i thought maybe you can let me know what works best for you. i know no bag will be perfect for each situation, but what do you prefer and think is the most virsitale, thanks

· Back down to ground level
18,534 Posts
I've been using a cheap fanny that opens up to a full pack with straps when needed for extra clothes etc.. It just ripped apart after a few years. If I can find a well made one like that, I will buy it in a heartbeat, no matter what the cost.

· Registered
781 Posts
If I am hunting with a stand on my back, I like to use the fanny pack without the straps. I slide it around to my right side and it does not interfere with the stand. I really like the day pack and I have tied the day pack type bag to the stand, but the stand feels too heavy on my sholders if I do that. Mybe you have stronger sholders than me.

· Registered
213 Posts
I have an Eberlestock Tailhook that I been putting through its paces for the past 4 days. I am loving it! I guess its a lumbar pack with shoulder straps. Super comfy and holds all my gear plus 4 Muddy treesteps no problem. Got it from S and S archery right here on AT!

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the input guys, i just saw a Maxpetition Sabercat video on the youtube and it looked really cool. looks like you can add attachments because it has the molle system. it is a little pricey. anyone have any expierence with one of these

· Registered
923 Posts
plain ole fanny pack for me. My back doesn't get hot with it, I can carry a treestand on my back with it around my waist, it's got straps on the top that let me strap my coat on so I don't have to wear it for the walk in. It's just what works for me, but maybe not for you.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
Fanny pack with several compartments and elastic side pouches for water or scents. Has shoulder and waist straps along with straps on top and bottom to carry my clothing in. Also shoulder straps have a cross chest strap so pack doesn't slip. For an all day sit I use a back pack cause I carry so much junk. If I am using a climber, pack just straps to it some times a little bulky but works.

· Registered
268 Posts
here is my feeling, i hate wearing sholder straps, as it makes my back hurt after awhile, i like fanny packs, if just for a day, don't need the shoulder straps, however can bite down around your waist depending how much junk you have in them....

and of course, if you carry alot of stuff, then need shoulder straps or a bigger pack

i wear a camo camelbak, and it has some storage, its 100oz, and i put a few things in it and the rest in my fanny pack, amazing how much junk i can put in a fanny pack

· Registered
3,807 Posts
I am using a Primos fanny pack w/ shoulder straps and like it so far. Lots of room and extra straps for lashing jackets to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.