Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Code Blue

I use what I feel works. For two years now this liguid one deer in a bottle code blue has worked for me. I place three scent bottles usally 25yrds from my tree. I have had deer hit that scent and run to it. Many of my hunting buddies have had the same success with it.

It does dissolve. Gel could be good choice for that reason. Never tried the gel yet.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
i have used the Myles Keller gel (in the green tubes) with outstanding success!
I used the doe esterous last year....I glopped it on an old stump. The deer went right to it and ate it!
I like that Trails End by Wildlife Research (liquid) Seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I'm gonna try "Code Blue" this year.I never really messed with scents,but friends have.Like DB, they all recommend Code Blue.....

·
Registered
745 Posts
I use Scrape Juice's Bowhunters Set-up. It is a all season scent that I will spray on some leaves about 3-5 feet off of the ground. I have seen deer set there and eat the leaves. This year I sprayed it directly to a rub that I found also.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Why Gels are made

The reason Gels are made is to apply them to the under sides of lickign branches and to areas where a liquid will not stick

tinks # 69 Dore in Rut Gel works escellent and if not licked off will remain for 24 hours where the liquid scent wil lhave evaporated

BEWARE All gels due to the nature of them do not have the long distance calling ability(( read RANGE) that a liquid scent does

Liquid are good for lyign trails etc

Gels can be used to Position a buck's head to the far sdie of the tree so you can draw on him when his head is behind the trunk of the tree

Gels are used in rainy weather that would wash out liquid scent like in a rainstrom...................

TINKS Scent wafers scent Discs also work super in the rain..........

I found one I lost 2 years ago and found last fall.........

The sc ent / odor of Tinks # 69 was still strong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts