Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide which would be best as a 3D/hunting rest. The full vs 75% containment doesn’t make a difference to me. Not sure of the mechanical differences between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Been using, hunting with the gen7 last few years. Only top limb activation. Great, great rest. Goin with gen7x to try. 3 differences in them. X7 is micro adjust, top or bottom limb activated, bubble level.
Pick your poison! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
Only complaint I had with the original pro-v was that it loaded from the top..many years with a biscuit, I developed a habit of nocking my arrow then loadng in the rest. Gen7 fixed that. It honestly didn't take long to break that habit and now prefer the original cuz I'm so used to it. I've got a couple gen7 's which are every bit as good as the original just side load and a redesigned full containment cage.
Funny thing about the "full containment " and the original... I've got probably 10 originals setup, and every single one IS full containment because if the arrow is nocked ,it hits the sight before it can come out of the cage.
All have the same basic mechanics.. A spring. The gen7x looks like an amazing rest but haven't tried one yet. I like the option for bottom limb.

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

·
Looking for a monster!
8,466 Posts
I have both the pro v and the gen 7. Gen 7 is certainly louder than the pro v between the ones I have. I actually put a small piece of felt under the launcher to quiet it down. Pretty sure I will end up with the pro v back on that bow too. The pro V is hard to beat

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
I just ordered the gen7x for my next hunting rig!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
NOOBY
917 Posts
Only complaint I had with the original pro-v was that it loaded from the top..many years with a biscuit, I developed a habit of nocking my arrow then loadng in the rest.
Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk
NO DOUBT. I have this issue, I just installed the Pro V and too my natural loading habits are now needing to be changed. Over time I am sure I will adapt but the first few rounds were rather clumsy for certain. Knowing what I know no I might have gone with a different model of Vapor Trail.

I am sure it will be fine in time.

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
I have Pro-V's and a Gen 7. I like the side load of the Gen 7 better. I think I would go 7X if I was doing it again. The micro adjust would have been nice the last couple of times I shot through paper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts