Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone out there who runs a generator every experienced any problems with the vibrations on the boat floor scaring fish off.

I just finished rigging up my 16' x 36" flat bottom up with flat form, generator, and lights and when i start up my genny it just seems to me that those vibes on the floor would detur fish from sitting still when i approach them is that a fact or am i just worrying about stuff too much?

·
Registered
824 Posts
you could put a heavy rubber matt under the genny to absorb the vibration they can be found at farm supply stores ie. runnings , tsc ,cambell's or place it suspended between the gunnels to get it off the floor right now I just use a scaffolding plank but do want to build something nicer

·
Registered
509 Posts
No, I have been over top of fish and the genny running. The fish don't seem affected.

·
Registered
865 Posts
sound

it will not affect them then again will it bother u we use a small honda gen ultra quiet, and vibe free &still run all types of lights

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me out. i wish i had a honda but i had to settle for what is called a blue max it is a honda nock off but it works flawlessly, the only reason i was wandering this is because when i get up on my front deck i can feel the vibrations through the boat so i thougth for sure that it would scare the fish ha ha i went out this las weekend and didnt see anything but a channel cat but they dont usually get to excited any way. So i didnt know if i was scaring them off or if there is just not any fish inthe first place. any more tips or information will be greatly appreciated

Thanks again guys, Cody

·
Registered
572 Posts
I use a rubber mat under mine. Some use a piece of carpet. I have the same type of gen. and haven't noticed any vibration on mine.
Charlie

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh well the vibrations arent terrible they just get to me after a while ha ha i will try to put a rubber mat under it unstead of styrofome,
Thx Guys, Cody

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ttt

ttt

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ttt

ttt

·
Registered
839 Posts
my 2 cents

I don't know if this is related but if you go on a whale watching tour they always talk about the if they can find the right frequency in the boat motor (rpm's) (vibration) it attracks dolphines and some whale species.
just a thought
and no bashing my wife made me go:pukey:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol

ha ha no fun makin here it is relative to what iw as talkin about ha ha i did go out last week and went right over the top of them

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I don't know if this is related but if you go on a whale watching tour they always talk about the if they can find the right frequency in the boat motor (rpm's) (vibration) it attracks dolphines and some whale species.
just a thought
and no bashing my wife made me go:pukey:

just like gettin the Silvers fly.. you will need the right rpms to make'em jump

1 - 13 of 13 Posts