Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a George Ryals seminar in at the end of October or first week in November. Is anyone interested in participating? This guy is first class and really knows his stuff. I highly recommend his coarse. It will be a 2 day coarse at the Archers of Caledon.

Email me at [email protected] or PM me. Emails better for me.

Dietmar Trillus

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
:thumbs_up :thumbs_up Ontario Moose, Dave Miach (sp?)and I went to GRIV's seminar in Michigan. It was a blast. Very relaxed format with plenty of arrows shot and lots of one on one time. We laughed so hard we cried at times. He knows how to keep it interesting. Make sure you you bring your questions...he has the answers.

Definitely a class act.

·
Registered
336 Posts
cool!!!

Thats sounds awesome man however, being the low man on the totem pole or for better words the shop [email protected]#$* I dont think I would be able to go bacause the great 3D archer (EVOY) sounds like he's pretty pumped to go.

Ill have to talk to Jason later. That would be an absolutely awesome course to get in on though.

Allright Jay , Ill babysit the little guy for a month, no two, three. Hold on maybe I have to think this through more. :tongue:

c everyone at the fields, craig

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
araz2114 said:
:thumbs_up :thumbs_up Ontario Moose, Dave Miach (sp?)and I went to GRIV's seminar in Michigan. It was a blast. Very relaxed format with plenty of arrows shot and lots of one on one time. We laughed so hard we cried at times. He knows how to keep it interesting. Make sure you you bring your questions...he has the answers.

Definitely a class act.
I definitely hated the fact that I missed out on my private session with George, this past February. I don't think my arm will be in any shape to take advantage of GRIV coming to town this fall, unfortunately :sad: But I do look forward to booking a session with him for sometime next season.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I wish that I could move to Ont. for a week or two to take advantage of this clinic.

We tried to bring him to NS last year but couldn't find a place for hosting it :sad:

Who knows we might be able to pull it off this winter :cocktail:

Cheers,

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The George Ryals seminar

I have just set the date for the seminar. It will be held on the evening of the 21st all day 22nd and 23rd of October. The price will be $200 US with a possible 20 people in the class. I would like to see around 15 present. Bring your indoor equipment and expect to have lots of fun and learning.
If you have to call me about infoe, it's (905)859-0788

Dietmar

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
How am I going to explain this one to my wife? I am going to be returning from two weeks of moose hunting on the 16th, and now I will be away on the following weekend--at a cost of $200 USD. This is going to take some major ***** kissing! :mg:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I'm definitely interested. I sent you a PM Saturday morning. I meant to ask you about it on Saturday afternoon. Let me know if theres room. Later, Rob.
PS- Great shooting Dietmar!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I'm excited to make my first trip to Toronto!

Ok Guys here is a quick course outline. This is not set in stone, If there are other issues that are important to you, we will fit them in. I like to keep the class loose and informal so everyone can get their individual needs met.

Day One

Form

1. Tiny adjustments to your form can dramatically increase your steadiness.
2. Tweaking your draw length for Stability. Adjusting your draw to maximize your scoring potential depending on the game you will play.
3. Alignment of your form.There are some neat tricks that can help you perform with consistent alignment every time.
4. You will get an easy explanation of back tension and simplified methods to maintain good form through the shot.
5. Posture, stance, and shot completion will be covered.

I will speak to everyone as a group and then I will work with each shooter individually to help them with their own questions and form related issues.

The Release

1. Getting good shot execution regardless of your release type.
2. Heavy Triggers, light triggers, and triggerless releases how do they work and what type is best for you.
3. Release activation tricks that can keep your shot fluid and consistent.
4. Timing, Rhythm, and accuracy… How are they related?
5. How to naturally create your own shooting rhythm.
6. The shooting string
7. The Ten Yard Shooting Drill. How to do it and what it will do for you.

Equipment

1. Basic Tuning. I will take a quick look at everyone’s bows and evaluate the tune and make suggestions if need be. For those that would like the help, I can help them individually with basic tuning and get their equipment all straightened out and ready to go.
2. Setting bow’s overall balance to dramatically affect your X-count. A properly balanced rig can help you maintain score under pressure. I will show you how.
3. Choosing proper stabilization for your shooting style. How heavy is too heavy?
4. Tricks with holding weight that will increase your stability
5. Dynamic Balance between the shooter and the bow.
6. Arrow selection and tricks for greater accuracy with fat shafts.
7. Traveling with equipment and easy ways to keep your gear safe.
8. Equipment manufacturing. How tight are the tolerances? How tight do they need to be?

I plan to help de-mystify tuning and bow related issues. I will help you separate the Voodoo from the necessary tuning rituals. This segment will be conducted as a loose and open forum. I will be ready to cover any questions relating to anything that you need. I can cover your questions on an individual basis or in group discussion.

Day Two

Tournament rediness

1. What is the best way to practice for tournament play?
2. Pressure practice.
3. Self Coaching Practice.
4. Equipment Issues Practice.
5. Setting realistic goals
6. Knowing your average and its role in relieving performance pressure.

Individual help – once again, I will get with each one of you individually and help you with each of these issues and brush up on what you learned Saturday.

Tournament Pressure

1. Getting your game face on. Proper attitude and mental preparation for the “Big one”
2. Talking the talk and walking the walk. Are you setting yourself up for failure with negative self talk? Are you putting undue pressure on your game through inflated averages or unrealistic expectations?
3. Getting real with yourself
4. Shooting practice scores in a tournament
5. Releasing tension. How hidden tension can cause you problems

Dealing with equipment failures

1. Failures on the line
2. Preventing Failures

We will finish the class with a mini tournament and a pressure packed shoot down round and I will coach each shooter through the shoot down. End by end discussion will help shooters deal with the pressure that they are feeling and shoot to their full potential.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Change of Date

Sorry everyone but due to a previous commitment at the Archers of Caledon On October 21st - 23rd I will have to reschedual the seminar to November 4th, 5th and 6th. I hope this does not cause to many problems for you all. And this date will be final!

If you are interested in this seminar get in touch with me and let me know if your coming for sure.

Dietmar Trillus

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
George Ryals Seminar

For those of you looking for hotels. I would suggest getting a hotel in Brampton which is approximatly 15 to 20 minutes south of the Archers of Caledon. And yes this is the same venue that held the Canadian Nationals last year.

We still have a few spots open, so if your interested let me know.

Geotge is one of the most qualified archers in the world and really knows his stuff. After spending a entire week with the man I guarantee you will all learn allot from him. He is about as smart as it gets in the archery world.

Dietmar Trillus

·
Registered
853 Posts
The best 1 - 2 punch you buy!

1 - 2 punch!!

I've been to George's seminar and got my money's worth in the first 5 minutes.. Extremely knowledgeable in all that he's described above

I'm just assuming that Dietmar is going to help as well.

If this is the case, in my opinion it will be the best 1 , 2 punch archery money can buy right now.. I've had 1:1's with D and I've been beside him when he's been at his very best on several occasions..

Gilles

George, hope you don't take offense in me promoting your event either.. I believe folks should take advantage of this as much as possible..

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Will anyone stay in a hotel? Which one?

Cheers,

Claude

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.